Letter 10

"Naruto!"

It was Sakura's voice. How appropriate.

"Are you there?"

"Oh, great" he whispered. He guessed destiny was making a choice for him. He had to tell her about Sasuke, he had to tell someone about his newly born doubt. One that was bound to keep causing him horrible panic if he were to hide it from everyone. And honestly, who better to tell his darkest secrets to, but Sakura?

"Naruto!" she called again. He snapped and ran to the door to open it, his breather still altered.

"Sakura" he panted.

"God, are you okay? You look like you just ran a marathon" Sakura said surprised.

"I..." his heart was trembling, what if Sakura thought he was a weirdo, what if she got mad?

No, you can't think that right now. She's your best friend.

"No, I'm not. I think I need to tell you something" he said, forehead creased with worry.

"Sure, sure, let's sit" she said as Naruto let her through the entrance. "Actually, I also wanted to talk to you, Hinata called me"

Great, he cursed in his head. "Fuck, what did she say?" he sighed.

"She's okay, Naruto, I just wanted to tell you that" she said with a smile. "She said she cried for a while, but Hanabi comforted her well enough, and she just wanted me, and you, to know that she'll be okay, and to thank me for the support" she shrugged.

"Well, that's one good news" he sighed with relief, that had helped his racing heart a lot.

"So, what happened with you?" She asked, taking a seat on the dining table, Naruto joined her.

"Well, I..." he started, he felt his heart in his throat. But he took a deep breath and let out the biggest sigh he could. He had fought a goddess, and still this seemed like the hardest thing he had ever done. "I realized something last night"

"About what?" she asked, puzzled. Naruto never looked this nervous.

"About the person I told you I thought I liked" he said, still nervous, his hands felt even more sweaty, but he had no choice, he had to tell her.

"You don't like her anymore?" she asked, shrugging.

"The opposite, I realized I do like..." he stopped for a moment, he knew if he said the end of the sentence there was no way back.

Fuck, Naruto, get it together.

"That I do like him" he said, his voice trembling a little. "And that I might have for a long time" he added, letting a big sigh.

"Wait" she said, raising both her hands midair. "Him?" her eyebrow raised. "Naruto do you...do you like men?" she asked, moving her chair closer to him, leaning her body towards him as well.

"I, I'm not sure. I mean, I don't know how to call it. I've never paid too much attention to people's bodies, not even when I liked you. I never liked you because you were a girl, and honestly you've been the only girl I've ever liked" he tried to explain. "And now that I like him, his body has never been a reason for it, it's who he is as a person, same as it was with you" he added.

"Ok, let me see if I get this straight" she sat straight in her chair. "You're saying you don't have a particular preference, body wise, but personality wise?" she said, a small smile started forming on her face.

"I think" he shrugged. "I mean, when I thought about liking him, the fact that he is a man didn't seem to matter, I thought it did, but as you said...I know my heart, I can understand it better than anything." he said, putting his heart on the middle of his chest. "And that's what it told me, that it didn't matter"