Letter 12

Naruto was laying on the ground at the top of the Hokage mountain, he had been filing reports for Kakashi the whole morning, and he was finally taking a break.

The view was amazing, just as he remembered. The fresh and cool wind of the start of fall was blowing. He had never felt more at peace.

"So here you are, usuratonkachi" Sasuke's voice came suddenly from behind. Naruto looked back at him.

"You're back from the mission!" he smiled.

"I did it as fast as I could, the land of the wind is not precisely my favorite weather" he sighed as he sat down next to him.

"Plus, you missed me" Naruto chuckled with a grin, tilting his body towards him.

Sasuke snorted. "At all"

"Come on, I know you missed me" Naruto's grin widened, holding back the laughter, as he moved towards him even closer. Sasuke's eyebrows curled, black eyes fixed into blue.

"I know you miss-" but Naruto couldn't finish the sentence. Sasuke had grabbed on his jacket, pulling him closer and kissing him suddenly.

Naruto's eyes opened wide for a few seconds, but slowly closed as he replied to the kiss.

They continue kissing for a few seconds and-

Naruto sat up the bed quickly, panting and sweating. He was in his room, the sun was barely out, and birds were chirping in the distance.

"Holy shit" he panted, he's arms still stiff and hands clenching into the covers.

He felt a chill run through his all spine.

"So this is what being attracted to someone feels, huh?" he sighed, letting himself fall to the bed.

He touched his lips slightly, the dream was incredibly vivid. He wondered if that was what kissing him would feel like. He chuckled, for he never thought he'd be so curious about it. But indeed he was.

Several groans came out of him as he twisted in the bed, turning one side to the other.

After a few seconds he finally dared to look at the clock, thank god he was not late to meeting Shikamaru. He shook his head and got up to take a shower and get ready.

As he finished dressing up he was about to go out the door when he stopped by his bedside table, where his new copy of the Team 7 picture stood. He took a look at Sasuke, that alone made him smile, despite all the new feelings, he was still happy to have them, and he was still happy to see his smiling face.

A quick look at the clock followed, it was already getting late. Damn you, he thought.

He put his shoes on and ran to the Hokage tower. With Sasuke's smile still on his mind.

"Uzumaki Naruto's here!" he yelled as he entered Kakashi's office.

"Count me amazed" Shikamaru smiled, making a quick look at his watch. "Just two minutes late" he chuckled.

Naruto groaned, crossing his arms.

"Very funny"

"Good morning, Naruto" Kakashi said.

"Morning, Kakashi" he replied with a smile. "What do you got for me today?" he asked with a heroic pose.

"Delivering a new mission to one of the jounin divisions" Kakashi said.

"Mission?" he asked, tilting his head to one side.

"Takigakure has received a lot of refugees from the war, since so many people from Yugakure and Shimogakure had to be evacuated." he started. "And we're offering support with food, medicines and appliances while they wait for their villages to get rebuilt" he explained as he threw the scroll with the details to Naruto.