Meeting Brock

I was getting nervous as we got closer to the ship. But it was time, to let go of the fears and faced them.

Meanwhile on the ship.

"She's a goddam liar! Some nutcase seeking money or publicity. God only knows why! Like that Russian babe, Anastasia." Said Lewis to Brock.

"They're inbound!" Said Bobby.

As the helicopter was getting closer.

"Chloe DeWitt Bukater died on the Titanic when she was 16 , right?" Said Lewis.

"That's right" Said Brock.

"If she had lived , she'd be over 100 by now." Said Lewis, keeping up with Brock.

"101 next month" said Brock.

"Okay , so she's a very old goddam liar. " said Lewis. "Look, I've already done the background on this woman all the back to the 20s when she was working as an actress. An actress. There's your first clue, Sherlock. Her name was Chloe Dawson back then. And she had her first child. Then she marries a guy named Calvert , they move to Cedar Rapids and she punches out more kids, with him. Now Calverts dead , and from what I hear Cedar Rapids is dead" said Lewis.

"And everybody who knows about the diamond is supposed to be dead or on this boat, but she knows." Said Brock.

I saw from the inside that they were all waiting.

They then started to put my luggage on the ship.

"Doesn't exactly travel light , does she? Said Lewis to Bobby.

As I was being help off the helicopter , Mr. Brock came.

"Mrs. Calvert, I'm Brock Lovett. Welcome to the Keldysh" said Brock.

I shook his hand.

"Hi, Miss Calvert." Said Brock.

"Hi" responded my niece.

"Welcome to the Keldysh." Said Brock.

"Thanks" she responded.

The man from the helicopter then gave Brock the goldfish.

***************
I was putting up some of my old pictures , then I heard a knock.

" Yes" I answered .

"Are you staterooms all right" Said Brock. As Lewis was trying to be polite and waved.

"Yes, very nice. Have you met my niece , Lizzy? She takes care of me" I said.

"We met just a few minutes ago. Remember , Nana, up on deck? " said Lizzy.

"Oh yeah" I said. As I was still fixing my pictures. " There. I have to have my pictures when I travel.

"Can I get you anything? Is there anything you'd like? " Asked Brock.

"Yes" I replied. " I would like to see my drawing.

*****************
I look at the picture and then I closed my eyes and was brought back when he was drawing me.

"Louis XVI wore a fabulous stone called the Blue Diamond of the Crown. It disappeared in 1792. About the same time old Louis lost everything from the neck up. The theory goes that the Crown diamond was chopped , too." Said Brock showing a picture of the diamond.

"Re- cut into a heart like shape that became known as the " Heart of the Ocean". Today, it would be worth more than the Hope Diamond." Said Brock.

"It was a dreadful, heavy thing. I only wore it this once." I said.

"You actually think this is you , Nana?"

"It is me, dear. Wasn't I a dish?" I said looking at my grandaughter.

" I tracked it down through insurance records. An old claim that was settled under terms of absolute secrecy. Can you tell me who the claimant was , Chloe?" Asked Brock , leaning more closer.

" I should imagine someone named Hockley." I said.

"Nathan Hockley. That's right. Pittsburgh Steelers tycoon. The claim was for a diamond necklace, one of his sons, Nathaniel, bought his fiancee , you. A week before he sailed on the Titanic. It was filed right after the sinking. So the diamond had to have gone down with the ship. You see The date?" Said Brock.

"April 14, 1912" read Lindsay.

"Which means if your grandmother is who she says she is... She was wearing the diamond the day the Titanic sank." Said Lewis.

"And that makes you my new best friend." Said Brock smiling.

*******
"These are some of the things we recovered from you staterooms. " said Brock.

I saw some of the things that belong to me.

I grab my old hand mirror." This was mine. How extraordinary! And it looks the same as it did the last time I saw it." I said.

And turn it , so now I could see my reflection. I didn't one bit of it.

"The reflection has changed a bit." I said putting it down. And held the butterfly holder.

"Are you ready to go back to Titanic? Asked Brock , lowering himself next to me.

I shook my head and took a deep breath.