Expressing Yourself

I was in my stateroom , with my hair down. As Cal came in.

"I know you've been melancholy" said Cal.

I just rolled my eyes in annoyance. Not really wanted to see anybody after the incident.

"My brother intended to save this until the engagement gala next week" said Cal.

I then looked at him and rolled my eyes and continue to brush my black hair.

"Will you listen" he said.

"I'm all eyes and ears" I said.

He ignored my comment and said"But i thought , tonight would be the perfect time."

And he then open a box that contain the most beautiful necklace , that was heart shape blue.

"Oh my !" I said.

"Perhaps as a reminder , that you matter to me as a loving sister" he said.

He anxiously took it of the box and put it around me.

"It was worn by Louis XVI ."answered Cal. "And they called it "Le Coeur De la Mar"

"The heart of the Ocean" we both said, as i stared at it.

"Its overwhelming" i answered.

"Its for royalty." He said " We are royalty , Chloe.

The next day

"I've been on my own since I was 15" said Jack as we walk together.. "Since my folks died. And i had no brothers or sisters or close kin in that part of the country. So I lit on out of there and I haven't been back since. You can just call me a tumbleweed blowing in the wind."

I chuckled at his comment.

"Well , Chloe , we've walked about a mile around this boat deck chewed over how great the weather's been and how I grew up.. But i reckon that's not why you came to talk to me , is it?" He asked.

"Mr.Dawson, I ... I was about to say but he interrupt me.

"Jack." He answered.

"Jack, I want to thank you for risking your life to save me. Not just for pulling me back , but for pulling me back into my senses and for your discretion." I said, as I look at him.

"You're welcome." He answered

"Look. I know what you must be thinking of me; "Poor little rich girl. What does she know about misery?"

"No" he answered. "That's not what I was thinking. What I was thinking was what could have happened to this girl to make her think she had no way out?

"Well...it was everything." I said worried. "My whole world, being planned for me. To due nothing, about it." I then showed him my engagement ring.

"God , look at that thing " he said."You'd have gone straight to the bottom.

"500 invitations have gone out" i said. " Everybody is going to be there and I feel like a idiot standing in a crowded room screaming and no one bothers to look up to see what's the problem."

"Do you love him?" He asked.

I looked at him annoyed . "What did you just say?"

"Do you love him?" He repeated.

"What do you care if i love him or not? And you shouldn't be asking me this" i responded.

"It's a simple question. Do you love the guy or not?" He asked.

"This is not a suitable conversation." I said.

"Why can't you just answer the question?" He asked.