chapter 8

It's been a couple days now of hunting and sleeping in the woods, while I follow Josh to who knows where. We've definitely bonded over the last few days since we met. He knows pretty much my whole life story. He didn't say much, he just listened mostly. I had a feeling he was hiding something from me but I trust him to tell me at some point since he is my mate.
  It's almost dark now and I can smell more wolves nearby, at this point I am pressed against Josh's side like paper to glue, that's how scared I am. I can tell it's a pack he's heading to now. I can feel his happiness growing through the mate bond even more than before. He walked tall and full of pride and confidence, which helped my fear some but I was still scared.
  I never bow down to anyone but that doesn't mean I don't have fears of a whole pack trying to hurt me especially after that rogue almost killed me.
   As we continue to walk towards this pack he's taking me to the more I want to run the other way, but I have complete trust in Josh even if he's bringing me closer to my doom. I didn't want to be apart of a pack again, I loved being free, but I knew with Josh things would be different and I couldn't deal with being regected again.
   We reach what is clearly the border of the pack and out come three big wolves. I freeze in my tracks afraid to go further. Josh stops and looks at me, worry clearly visible in his eyes. I'm panicking everything in me wants to run the other way. Packs equal pain, I wasn't abused in my old pack, but being regected like I was,was still painful and made me scared of being in a pack again even if my new mate was in it.
  I back away slowly clearly scared of the wolves and everything else. Josh walks up to me and tries to touch me to calm me down. I duck away and turn around and run. The other wolves I can hear start to but then stop. All it is,is me running now. I soon slow down and stop. I hide and change back to human, dress and then cry.