Chapter 3- Christopher

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off. I jumped up and pressed the snooze button. Vanessa began to squirm around. I watched her sleep for a while. She was still the most beautiful woman in the world to me. Her brown hair had found its way out of its ponytail and was now spread all over her face. I pulled up the sheets to cover her petite frame. She looked so peaceful. It would kill her if she knew that I was cheating.

I put on my uniform and made my way to the shop. I can't wait for the day that I didn't have to work for someone else. The passion I have to fulfill my dreams is burning more and more as the days pass, I was just short a few thousand from my goal. With some time, I'll be right where I need to be.

When I pulled up to the shop there were cars waiting to be serviced so I knew today was going to be busy.

"Good morning everybody," I shouted.

"What's up Chris?" Everyone said in unison.

"If Vanessa ever asks, I was here all last night alright?"

All five of us men that worked here went by a strict code. Two of us were married and the other three were enjoying the single life. Earl was the owner and he had been married for thirty years. He pulled me to the side while everyone else worked on the cars.

"Look man, I don't wanna get all in your business, but marriage is supposed to be between one man and one woman. How would you feel if she cheated on you?" He asked.

"She wouldn't."

"But what if she did?"

"I...I'd be crushed."

"So think before you do things. I've been married for years and there's no other woman I'd rather be with than her."

I've heard this story too many times before. Earl was like a second father to me. I had been working for him since I was a kid. He knew I loved working with cars. He also knew that I was being unfaithful to Vanessa.

"I hear you Earl, but it's pretty busy here so I should get to work." 

He shook his head and walked away. He was telling the truth, but I didn't want to hear it at the time. I have this under control.

My co-worker Alex called out to me, "hey Chris, a customer just came in!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and there she was. It was Kim. I walked out of the garage and into the lobby.

"Excuse me," she looked at my name tag then back at me, "Chris, what's a girl gotta do to get some service around here?" 

She was bent over with her elbows on the counter, giving me a seductive glare.

I looked through the window to see everyone except Earl drooling over her. She had on shorts that were inches away from exposing her butt and a shirt that showed off her toned stomach and dangling belly ring. She topped it off with red pumps and lipstick that highlighted her full lips. I could feel the sweat beads forming on my forehead.

"What do you need?" 

It felt like it was a million degrees in here.

"An oil change."

"When was the last time you had one?"

"A few months ago, but from staring at your sexy body I think my panties will have to be changed too."

I cleared my throat.

"Let's step outside so that I can get an overview of your vehicle," I said as I motioned her to the door.

She led the way as I was mesmerized watching the way her hips swayed from side to side. I envisioned her with nothing on except for those pumps.

Once we were away from listening ears, I decided to cut the act.

"What are you doing here Kim?" 

"Well you left in such a rush yesterday I wanted to make sure everything was good at home," she smiled and gently stroked my cheek with her hand.

I backed up.

"Look Kim you're getting kind of crazy..."

"Crazy!" She yelled.

"Can you keep it down? This is where I work, or did you forget?"

"Alright, alright. I do need an oil change though," she laughed.

I stared at her. Wishing I didn't get involved with her to began with. When we first met a few months ago she knew her place, but lately she's been acting strange. I thought Kim was different. She told me she could keep her feelings under control, it doesn't seem like that's happening now.

I checked the mileage on her 2010 Nissan Altima. The outside of her car was shiny and the inside smelled like pineapples. 

"Where do I wait?" she asked.

"Inside like everyone else."

I showed her where to wait and drove her car around back. After parking it, I joined the men in the garage.

Alex asked, "who's willing to bet that I can get her number?"

Everyone laughed except me.

"Chris, I bet if you weren't married you would try to get with her," he said as he peeked from under the hood of a car.

"Nah, I'm good."

I glanced at Earl who was inspecting a tire. He was paying me no mind.

I tuned them out as they went on and on about how gorgeous Kim is. Was I getting jealous? I can't be. Kim is nothing but a pair of legs that open when I say so. They can go ahead and talk about her, she's nothing to me.

That was probably the most efficient I've worked in years. I wanted to get Kim out of there and as quickly as possible. I skipped the standard inspection that we usually do. If I heard one more of my co-workers fantasies about Kim, I was going to lose it. 

I called Kim to the register. As she stretched her hand to give me her credit card, she stared into my eyes. I had flashbacks of me behind her, pounding her as the headboard slammed against the wall. I swiped her card and handed it back to her. While the receipt printed I avoided eye contact. As much as she pissed me off from coming to my job, I wanted to take her to the side of the building and finish what we started yesterday. I handed her the keys and sent her on her way.

Soon as I opened the door to the garage, Alex ran pass me and tapped on Kim's window. I watched as she rolled it down and all I could see was the two of them laughing with each other. My blood was boiling. The only way to mask it was to work and that's what I was doing. Earl walked up to me rubbing his grey beard with one hand.

"Chris, let me ask you something?" 

"What's up?"

He lowered his tone, "is that the woman you were with last night?" He pointed towards Kim's car.