Chapter 20- Christopher

I woke up to Kim lying on my chest. We were both naked and sweaty. I stared at the ceiling fan wishing it would give a better breeze. I rubbed my eyes to see the time clearer. It was 4 am. I planned to go home in a few hours and get all my things. Vanessa made it clear to me that she chose Fred, so I didn't feel guilty about having sex with Kim again. It was great like it always was and she let me back in her life like I never left. This time I made sure she and I were on the same page. We were just friends and that's all it was ever going to be.

I tried my best to get up and pee without waking her up, but it was unsuccessful. She opened her eyes and smiled at me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her as I lifted the toilet seat.

"I'm alright. Happy to be out of the stupid hospital."

"You sure you shouldn't have stayed longer?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Did it look like I had any problems tonight?" she smirked.

That was enough proof for me. The way I felt toward her had changed. I realized that I did have genuine feelings for her; I just didn't know the extent of them yet.

"Do you want to take a quick shower before you leave?" she asked.

"Of course."

She came into the bathroom and turned on the water. Within seconds steam began to fill the air. I opened the shower door and stepped inside. Standing under the shower head, I let the hot water trickle down my body. She took the bar of soap and rubbed it across my abs. She had that look in her eyes. I don't know what it was about her, but she was like a drug to me. No matter how bad it was, I couldn't help but do her. She got on her tip toes and began kissing on my neck. Goosebumps covered my skin. I picked her up and pinned her against the wall, kissing her passionately. Images of Vanessa kept creeping into my mind.

"Put me down so that I can go get a condom," she said.

I watched her leave the bathroom. She came back after a few minutes, looking like she had just seen a ghost.

"What's wrong?" 

"You have to hide Chris!"

"Hide? Why?"

Without an explanation she pulled me out of the shower and told me to wrap my towel around me. I did as I was told and went into her closet. My body was shaking from my skin being damp. I watched through the thin slots as Kim ran around frantically, straightening up her room. She sprayed the room with perfume before walking out. I began to regret coming to her house.

As I was about to get out of the closet and get my things, I heard a man's voice getting closer. He was about 6'2, with a basketball cap and tattoo's that seemed to cover every inch of his body. His light skin made it easy for me to read one that immediately concerned me.

"Why you got this room smelling all sweet and shit?" he asked.

She changed the subject, "I could have you arrested for showing up at my house Pete."

He laughed. I could tell that it was upsetting her.

"Just go home Pete," she pleaded.

"Why? You got another dude in here?"

He stormed into the bathroom. I could hear him pulling back the shower curtain, opening and closing the cabinets. He checked under the bed, and that's when he caught a glimpse of my shoes. I looked at Kim, she glanced at the closet. She looked like a little girl who was about to get a whooping.