Chapter 25- Christopher

Vanessa and I went out to dinner to celebrate the great news. I wasn't sure what I would have done if the baby wasn't mine. Kim and Fred were out of our lives, now I just had to worry about getting rid of Will and the only way I could do that is to kill a stranger.

When we got home, we crawled into bed and started talking about our future. I couldn't take my hands off her stomach. We haven't had the best of luck in the past, but I felt it in my soul that this was going to be different. A blessing. This is just what we needed to bring us back together again.

"I can't believe I forgot to ask you this, but who is Will?", she said as she sat up with her back against the headboard.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I must be hearing things incorrectly.

"Will?"

"Yeah, I was at the park today and a guy name Will came up to me, he told me I was prettier in person, and he said hello."

My right eye began to twitch, and my fist automatically balled up. I realized what I was doing and had to relax.

"Oh yeah, he's a regular at the shop."

"Ok. He's pretty weird though."

I forced a laugh. I was mad as hell. This dude was now following my wife! I needed to get rid of him and fast.

"Baby would you mind if I went out on a quick run?" I asked.

"What do you have to get?"

"I just have a craving for something sweet."

"Are you pregnant too?"

We both laughed."

"Do you want anything?" I asked.

"No, I'm fine baby."

"Ok, I'll be back in a little bit."

I threw on some jeans, a white tee, and a jacket and headed out. I put the address into my portable GPS. I could tell from the city that it was an upscale neighborhood. I parked at an abandoned house not too far from my target. I opened the glove compartment and took out the gun, its been years since I've used one. I invested in a ski mask and grabbed that also. Before I got out I took one last look at the photo. I balled up the picture in my hand. I had to do this for my family. I had to change my mentally. It was either him or me now.

I stuffed the gun in the front of my jeans and put the mask in my pocket. A car would come down the street every so often, but besides that it was quiet outside. I was in awe as I walked down the street and stared at the houses. It would be nice to put my family in one of these homes one day.

As the house came into view I saw that all the lights were off, except for one on the 2nd floor. I wasn't surprised being that it was 10pm. I ran to the side of the house with my ski mask on and peaked inside a window. Nothing. As I was making my way to the back of the house bright lights shined on me. There was someone pulling into the driveway. 

My mind told me to run, but my legs were glued to the ground. I shielded my eyes until the car turned off. The door opened, but I couldn't make out who it was. Once my vision came back the guy was a few feet away from me with his hand on his waist clutching his gun. It was the guy from the picture. That's when I looked up and saw the sirens on top of the car. Now I know why Will wants me to kill him. He's a cop.