6 | I would never fall for you

We're both reluctant for this day to end. Today at the stream was the most fun I've ever had with Rachel. 

Now we're inside the mansion, still slightly damp; I have a towel slung low on my waist, and Rachel's is wrapped around her body.

"I'm going to go shower," she says, backing away. She disappears into her bedroom and I'm left to go into mine.

I know it's wrong to fantasise about her when she's in the same house. But I've been so turned on by the way she moved today, how her lithe body would rub against mine in the water as we messed around.

It was all innocent.

And now I'm horny as fuck.

And the thought of her stripping down only a few metres away, the water pumping over her mocha skin, is intoxicating. I want to be in the shower with her. I want to feel her slick body on mine, wrap her legs around my waist and thrust inside her.

I quickly shuck off the rest of my clothes and hop in the shower. I pump into my fist, imagining I'm in her warm wet heat.

I come ridiculously fast. I stay in the shower a few minutes examining what the fuck my life has come to.

I'm a married man for starters, and my wife is the one person I shouldn't screw around with.

Don't get me wrong, I know Rachel is hot. We spent so much time together growing up, and I witnessed her transform over that time - her breasts became fuller, her petite figure started to look womanly instead of plain willowy. She began to walk with a groove in her step as if dancing to an imaginary beat. We were adolescents when I realised that my biggest rival was exquisite.

And I wasn't the only one.

Rachel never looked in my direction. Her gaze was too transfixed on Louis. It was the only time I've seen Rachel come out of her shell; be affectionate, be loving, be something other than the cold-hearted woman I know now.

He was humble, honest, upstanding. He had ash black hair and considerate brown eyes.

He was everything I was not, and their relationship was fast and intense. They were all over each other. He was besotted with her. But he was also determined to go into special forces.

I shake away thoughts of Rachel and Louis, as the prickling feeling of jealousy rises in me. It's irrational.

I finish up in the shower and dress in shorts and a plain dark t-shirt. I pad barefoot into the kitchen to find Rachel already there. She's blending something green and the familiar aromas kick me in the stomach.

"Is that?" A hopeful hint to my voice.

"Pesto," she replies, a grin on her face.

My favourite.

I don't want to ask what prompted this act of kindness. I don't want to question any of this tentative friendship we've formed, I just want to dive in deep.

I draw closer to her, my hand sliding along the cold marble benchtop, and I don't miss the way Rachel purviews me before refocusing on what she's blending.

"How can I help?" I look down into her hazel eyes, her winsome smile that slips through the centre of my chest and hits me in my solar plexus.

I feel buoyant. Akin to earlier when we floated along the river, laughing. When she climbed onto my tyre to try and throw me off, and we'd ended up wrestling. Her wet, slick skin sliding along mine as we fought for dominance.

She nods at the stove. "You can pour out the pasta."

I do as she asks and soon enough, we're sitting at the table, two steaming bowls of goodness before us.