C H A P T E R T E N | When cuts are more then healing

"I believe that
Dreams come true
Because mine did,
When I met you."

PLAYLIST- Hello
By Adele

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Thanks to all my dear readers for 592 reads, it really does means a lot. Thanks to everyone

 Thanks to everyone

POV of Veronica

Cold water dripped down my hair as I stood immobilised where I was. I can see every eyes on my vulnerability.

Why me? Did I do something wrong to someone or is it my past life sins that everyone misunderstands me.

I saw Peter holding Rachel's hand and taking her out of the restaurant, leaving me here to cherish my fate.

I, Veronica had never been defeated by others then why is it that now I feel the most defeated? Did I deserved this?

My vision started to get distorted as I felt tears pooling in my eyes.

No, I can't breakdown in front of the people, I confidently walked out of the restaurant and chose the isolated road where no one see my weakness. Were no one can see my crying.

I heard the lightning streaks on the sky followed my heavy downpour.

Good, that even the heaven is crying along with me.

I am heartbroken, only now I understand I understand the worth of making a mistake.

Between my on woes I heard my phone ringing, who could it be?

"Hello Uncle Ben."

""Miss, when shall I come to pick you up?"

"No need. You just go back from the doctors and get some rest. Peter is taking me for a movie so I'll come back with him."

"Okay miss. Take care."

I kept my phone back in my purse as I walked along the footpath. Suddenly I felt a sharp jerk in my left ankle as I tripped on the road.

Did it got sprained? Now how will I walk up to my home when this rain is falling all over my skin and making me shiver. Where will I go, luckily mom is in her office tonite but how will I make it up to my home. It will take me whole night.

I half dragged and half walked up to the brick lining on the outsides of the footpath, making an enclosure from the sea beyond it.

As I sat there I huddled my arms close to my body because my dress was sticking to my clothes, making me feel insecure.

I am back to the day when mom and me were thrown out of the house. Though the bone chilling rain didn't harmed me because mom was protecting me but the howling wind was enough to freeze all my senses at that time.