Y

Hongjoong sighed, locking himself into the cafe’s restroom stall. Pulling a match from his pocket. Lifting his shirt p,gulping. He really did hate pain, surprisingly enough, ghost’s can still feel physical pain, especially the pain they inflict on themselves. Lighting the match Hongjoong carefully placed it against the black wound that took up a good amount of his chest. Wincing and hissing at the burning pain.

Soon letting his eyes slip shut, the burning heat falling into a dull pain. Blinking he was suddenly back in the dark alleyway where he first found himself. Well, more or less where Yeosang found him.

“Hey” Hongjoong flinched at the sudden voice, the deeper tone ringing through his ears. “Hey” It repeats again, this time closer, more, demanding. So Hongjoong looks up to the owner of the voice. The male has ruffled brown locks, orbs a milky chocolate. Eyes hard and cold, showing no sympathy. Hongjoong pretended not to see the removed hat sitting pilant, hanging off the back of the others neck, or the black clothing with the silver chains. Lastly the small mirror pendant he held in his hand. He was easy to recognize, a ghost hunter.

“Please don’t make me go” Hongjoong pleaded silently, eyes welled with tears. “Please..” The ghost hunter grunted, eye twitching. Like Yeosang could read through the other, he sighed, retracting his pendant.

The ghost hunter had walked out of the alleyway, long gone. The thump of his shoes against wet pavement were nothing more than a dull noise.

Hongjoong really thought he was going to have to move on.

Hongjoong felt the tug again, a constricting, painful feeling now. Making him whimper quietly. Seonghwa was nearby. The spirit was sure of it, he could feel it, he guessed that the other felt it to. Rising to his feet shakily, the ghost took short, slow steps in the direction of Seonghwa home. Heart beating painfully quick.

-

So..you mean you see Ghost?

“Yeah” Seonghwa replied, wincing at the others loud volume. Placing the phone down on his desk and turning the call on speaker before going back to writing.

So, how many have you seen?

“Only one.” Seonghwa sighed, ignoring the slight tugging feeling. “He’s around my age, i’m pretty sure.” Seonghwa, you’ve always felt a little lonely, mayb-

“Yunho” Seonghwa said firmly, blushing sightly. Lips twisting into a frown when the younger laughed quietly. “You know that wouldn’t be a good idea” The older sighed, staring at the clock ticking away on his wall. Yeah yeah whatever.

The male turned his head towards the doorway, jumping slightly when he sees the ghost waving at him shyly. “Well, yunho I have to go-”

Good luck with your soon to be boyf-

The other hung up the call, blushing madly when the spirit raises an eyebrow. “You got a boyfriend? It’s only been like a day Seonghwa-”

“H-he was just joking” The male awkwardly cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his neck. “So, where did you go?” The spirit blinked, confused by the question momentarily. ‘Oh, I went to my, world.” Hongjoong squinted.”There’s no name for it, so we just call it the paranormal” Shrugging he sits himself on Seonghwa bookshelf, feet dangling, barely brushing the ground.

There was a faint knocking noise coming from downstairs. Seonghwa pretended he couldn't hear it while the spirit looked at him curiously.”Got a package?”

The other shook his head, sighing. “It’s probably Yunho” The spirit hummed, looking even more curious. The knock became louder, more urgent, making Hongjoong tense a little. “Well, maybe you should go check it.” The other hummed in response, taking caution when he left the room. Shutting the door softly, click barely being heard.

Seonghwa stepped a lot slower than he would like to, house being quiet except for the loud knocks that echo throughout the whole house. Wincing at the loud thumps his feet would make as he went down the steps. Skin against the cold wood floor he approached the door, the knocks on the door becoming clear, slower, like they knew Seonghwa was coming.

He avoided looking out to the window, the blinds scraping against the glass. A repetitive, peaceful noise. Seonghwa worried that the person at the door could hear his heart beating against his ribcage, creating a shiver. Finally approaching the door, he peeked through the peephole.

Why was he so scared?

Squinting, he didn’t recognize who it was at first. Chocolate brown hair, well sculpted features, black jeans and a graphic tee. It’s Yeosang, for god's sake.

Seonghwa resisted the urge to groan, rolling his eye at his own fear. He unlocked the door, the metal making a loud echo through the house. The door opened to revealed none other than Yeosang. The classmate Seonghwa loved oh so much.
“Seonghwa, can we talk?” The other asked softly, quiet.

Receiving a hum Seonghwa invited him into the house, seating themselves onto the couch. “So..” Seonghwa started, rubbing his arms. Hoping Hongjoong wasn’t waiting on the staircase. “You’re a ghost hunter.” Yeosang started, softly, quietly. He probably felt the spirits aura as well.

“Yeah..”Seonghwa replied, frowning. “You’re a ghost hunter, and you are required to rid of ghost.”

Yeosang sighed, rubbing at his temples. “Including Hongjoong”

-
inspiration was like lost idk what happened, this is sort of rushed sorry-

895 words