Ch. 2 - Calls and Texts

After finishing up with his stuff at the coffee shop, Shouto arrived back at his apartment at about 4pm. The whole exchange between himself and Bakugou had happened around 2pm, when the latter got let off work early.

Upon arrival, Shouto hung his stuff on their respective pegs by the door, kicked his shoes off, and went to his bedroom. With a loud sigh, he fell back onto his bed.

"Well that was fun." He said aloud, pulling his phone from his back pocket. "Odd, but.. Fun." He turned his phone on, then went to his contacts. Katsuki was right at the top. With a soft sigh and an amused smile, he clicked it and hit the messaging icon.

[4:10pm, That Barista...

Hey it's Shouto/Half'nHalf/Sasshole/etc]

He nodded once at his screen, then sent the message, satisfied. He dropped his phone on his chest, and put his arms behind his head. About two minutes later, his phone started ringing.

He would not admit to jumping a little out of surprise. After a brief scramble to get it, he looked at the screen before answering.

He answered immediately. "I just texted you."

"Yeah, and I just called you, dumbass. Glad we've got that covered."

Shouto rolled his eyes, putting one arm behind his head again. "Mhm. Anyway, hi. Why didn't you just text back?"

"Why text when you can call?" Katsuki asked, probably shrugging. "I'm not really busy. Why would I just text?"

"Well.. Because it's easier."

"Mm. Didn't peg you as the kind of guy to take the easy way out."

"Shut up, pineapple, everyone has their preferences."

".. Did you seriously just call me a pineapple?"

"Mhm. What're you gonna do about it?"

"Firstly, I'm gonna kick your ass tomorrow for being a coward and not calling me that when we were at the coffee shop."

"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

There was a snort. "If you're gonna call someone names, do it to their face."

"'Good Life Advice to Take to Heart', by Katsuki Bakugou." Shouto said teasingly. "I'd buy it."

Katsuki laughed. "Good. That'll be fifty bucks, peppermint."

Shouto gasped dramatically. "I thought you just said not to call people names, unless it was to their face!"

"You need to get to chapter two, loser. It covers this. You can call someone names, if you've already called them names to their face." Katsuki scoffed quietly. "That's how it works."

"That doesn't make sense." Shouto said with an eyeroll, and he heard Bakugou's soft snort on the other line. "So what're you up to?"

"Just grocery shopping like a normal adult. You?"

"Please tell me you're the kind of guy that brings his own reusable bag to the market."

"Alright asshole," Katsuki's tone was immediately defensive. "what do you have against reusable things? Do you hate the environment? Do you like wasting money on one-time-use bags?"

"So you are that kind of guy-" Shouto grinned. "I knew it. Is it flowery?"

Shouto would bet money that the other man rolled his eyes. "For your judgemental jerkwad information, yes, it is. I am comfortable with my masculinity. It was free. Free shit is always good."