Ch. 11 - Fun Times, and Late Questions

Katsuki knew very well that Shouto would be too full for snacks, even if the dual haired male denied it, and while the blonde did enjoy teasing Shouto, he didn't want him to get sick by eating too much. He would agree that he was a bit of a jerk at times, but even he could be a decent human being sometimes.

~

"That was so good." Shouto said, trying to stay calm about it, but still noticeably excited, looking to the blonde beside him as they exited the theater. "It stuck close enough that it still counted- And that Beauty and the Beast reference was great,"

"Yeah, I know you liked that part. You smacked my arm when they started singin' it." Katsuki snorted softly. "Nerd."

"You're a nerd too." Shouto replied, elbowing the other gently, before reaching out to grasp the blonde's hand. Said blonde intertwined their fingers casually. He had to remind himself that this was for show, and not because they were on an actual date.

"Whatever." Katsuki eventually replied quietly, before looking to the dual-haired boy. "So where to now, half'n'half?"

Shouto paused, humming softly as he looked around the mall common area. There were shops and random kiosks, along with an open arcade area, and a children's play area- that happened to be completely unoccupied. He stared at that area, a grin forming on his lips.

He looked to the man beside him, grinned, and squeezed his hand.

Katsuki followed where the other's gaze had been previously, then looked to the grinning loser beside him. "Really?" He asked, brow raised. He tried to seem irritated, but it was really hard to when the usually serious, stoic man beside him was being cute as Hell. Shouto nodded. Katsuki breathed in deeply, then out quietly as he looked to the area again. Were they really about to go play in the kids play area?

"Please?"

Katsuki gave Shouto a side glance, before rolling his eyes. "Fine."

And that's how they spent the next two or so hours. Riding the little train that they barely fit on around the room, using the small little seesaws, the weird animals on the springs, and- Katsuki's favorite- the ball pit. When kids started to come in, they were kicked out, but they didn't mind. They went to a couple stores, but didn't end up buying much.

Soon enough, they realized that they'd been there a lot longer than intended, and it surprised them both. They only realized this when Shouto had opened his phone to check a notification, and happened to catch a glance at the time. His eyes widened, and he held the phone up to Katsuki's face.

The blonde's eyes went cross-eyed as he tried to look at the screen of the phone that was entirely too close to his face.

"Shouto." He said flatly, grabbing the other's wrist and pulling his arm back to see the screen better. He then rose a brow at the screen, thinking he was supposed to be looking at the notification.

[7:34pm - Fuyumi

There's a sale on red hair dye at the salon. Do you want me to get you some??]

The blonde pulled the phone down, rolling his eyes. "I know your hair isn't naturally that bright red, idiot. I already know you dye it."

Shouto gave Katsuki a confused look. "Wait- what?"

"You've got long hair too and it would take a lot, so since the dye is on sale, I'd say it's smart to have her get you some." He shrugged.

Shouto frowned, then looked at his screen only to see the text. "No, not that." He swiped the notification away so Katsuki could see the time on the lockscreen. "I was showing you the time, you idiot. We've been here for almost seven hours."