Ch. 12 - Questions And Answers

//To be safe, I'm gonna add a trigger warning. Sho has a small panic attack of sorts about halfway down. It's not big though.

-
"The first thing I want to know is how long you've been here." Katsuki said, resituating himself to be more comfortable. "Since your first year? For longer?" He paused, then looked about. "How much is the rent on this place, anyway?.. It has to be a lot." He looked back to Shouto.

Shouto looked around briefly as well, before settling his gaze upon Katsuki once more. "I've been here since my first year. And I'm not sure of the rent, but I know that it's a lot more than I myself would ever pay for a place."

"'You yourself'?.. What's that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what it sounds like.. I do not own this place, nor do I pay rent on it."

Katsuki stared at the dual-haired male across from him, expression disbelieving.

Shouto just stared back.

"... So you live here." Katsuki said slowly after a moment, blindly gesturing about. Shouto nodded. "In this big ass apartment." He nodded once more. "That could easily and comfortably house up to most likely six people.." Shouto sighed. "By yourself."

"Yes. Next question?"

"Oh no. No, I'm not done with this one." Katsuki said immediately, a frown on his lips. "How can you live here? How are you living here?"

"I broke in, killed the past tenants, and never left." Shouto said, expression deadpan and tone dripping with sarcasm.

Katsuki gave him a deadpan look in return. "I'm serious."

Shouto sighed, running his hand down his own face. He wasn't sure how to start.

"... Fine." Katsuki finally said. "If you don't want to answer it-"

"It's just difficult." Shouto cut him off. "Trying to figure out how to explain it. It's complicated."

"How difficult can it be to explain?"

"I.." Shouto sighed. "My Father pays for it."

"Who the fuck is your Father? Tony Stark?"

Shouto sighed, resting his elbows on his knees and placing his head in one hand. His expression looked pained, and completely and utterly done. "You know that filthy rich lawyer in Tokyo? Never lost a case?"

Katsuki rose a brow, leaning back a bit. "Yeah. What about him?"

Shouto stared at the blonde, waiting for him to get it.

It took longer than he thought it would.

When realization hit, Katsuki's eyes widened and he looked stunned. "No.." He breathed out, tone once again disbelieving.

"Yes." Shouto said. His tone was neutral. No emotion.

"That's.." Katsuki trailed off, looking around briefly. When his eyes settled back on Shouto, they were confused. "Are you serious?"

"Yes."

".. Like, for real.. You're not shitting me?"

"Of course not!" Shouto snapped. "What the Hell is there not to get? I'm the son of the wealthiest, ruthless, asshole of a rich-ass lawyer, Enji Todoroki! I can't believe-"

Katsuki was stunned once again, this time at Shouto's outburst.

"Did you think it was a coincidence that we have the same given name?" Katsuki actually hadn't known Enji's last name. He didn't care, so he never looked. "Did you think it was just a fucking coincidence that I have the same name, a huge-ass apartment in one of the most expensive districts that I- a college student- could never afford in a million years, have no job, pay nothing, and still manage to have extra money to do random shit with?!"