Ch. 3 - Pastries

It was Saturday and Shouto had no homework to do, but he still came into Starbucks bright and early as usual. He adjusted his glasses as he waited in line. When it was finally his turn, he ordered a fruit smoothie and a muffin. He thanked the barista (who, much to his dismay, was not Katsuki), then looked for a place to sit. He sipped his smoothie as he looked, then immediately headed to a booth in the corner upon seeing a messy head of blonde hedgehog hair.

He quietly crept up behind him, surprised that Katsuki hadn't noticed him already. When Shouto got a little closer, he realized it was because the other had a single earbud in and was typing on his computer. He grinned and got in the booth that was behind the blonde. He set his stuff down on the table, then leaned over his shoulder right as Katsuki was taking a drink. "Hi."

Yes. Yes Katsuki did jump, and yes, he did choke on his beverage.

Shouto laughed.

Katsuki was less than impressed, as he coughed and turned to look at the laughing Shouto.

"You got a little.. Dribble. Right th- Hey!" Katsuki had squirted some of the beverage- which looked to be a tea of sorts- at Shouto. The latter scowled, and the former grinned as he handed the red-and-white haired boy a napkin.

"Jerk." He snatched the napkin and wiped his face, then grabbed his stuff and moved to sit in the bench across from Katsuki.

"You're the one that made me choke. I think you deserved being spat at."

"What are you, five?"

Katsuki shrugged, taking the earbud out of his ear and closing his laptop. "Sometimes."

Shouto rolled his eyes playfully. "Good morning, by the way." He sipped his smoothie.

"It was, up until you showed up." Katsuki feigned seriousness, then laughed softly at the absolutely scandalized look on Shouto's face. "I'm just teasing, you loser. You doing okay?"

"If you're referring to our call last night, then yeah, I'm good. I'm sorry that I-"

"Don't apologize for having emotions."

".. Well I'm sorry you had to witness it."

"Technically I didn't witness it, so shut up." He took a drink of his tea.

With a subtle eye roll and a slight smile, Shouto shook his head a bit. "Why aren't you working today?"

"Have to catch up with my homework and shit." Katsuki sighed, rubbing his temple. He was obviously tired of it.

Shouto nodded once in understanding. "I see.. Why'd you come here to do it?"

"I knew you'd be here."

Shouto couldn't help the small blush that tinted his cheeks.

Katsuki smiled wryly. "You're lookin' a bit red there, halfie."

"Shut up." Shouto muttered, before clearing his throat. "Well anyway, seeing as you basically came for me-"

"Whoa there, bud-"

"You shut your mouth. Not like that." The blonde smirked, wrapping his lips around the straw of his drink. Deciding not to comment on that, Shouto continued. "Since you came for me, would you like to split my muffin?... It's blueberry."

"You don't have to share."

Shouto shrugged. "I want to. It's kinda big anyway."

"I-"

"Do not even comment on that."

"I wasn't-"

"You were, I saw that look."