Ch. 8 - A New Side

//Pic is what they're wearing- except I think I want Katsuki in some ripped black skinny jeans ;3

After that Saturday, Shouto and Katsuki actually got to know each other. Sure, they had sort of known each other for a year, then a couple days ago they had a normal conversation that consisted of more than:

"Welcome to Starbucks- Wait, I know you. The usual?"

"'Yeah. You didn't call me a name today-"

"-Don't worry, there's still time for you to be a dumbass."

"Is the grouchy pineapple not feelin' it today?"

"See? There's the stupid. Go wait at the end of the counter, smartass."
-
And sure, they'd been together a lot for the last couple days, but that Saturday night that Katsuki stayed for dinner, they really, truly talked. They talked most of the night; mostly about their cooking, Shouto's family- Katsuki loved the way Shouto's face lit up when he talked about his Mother and siblings- about how odd it was that they both knew Denki, but had never heard of each other.

Katsuki also totally wasn't salty that he hadn't heard about Reginald before that day.

Then that following week, life decided it wanted to throw everything at Shouto all at once. Several exams all in a row, random tests that his teachers threw at him- he was in advanced classes anyway, and the extra workload was really wearing on him, and on top of all that his Father decided to drop by unexpectedly halfway through the week to make sure his 'Money wasn't going to waste.'.

Shouto had gotten into school by himself with a full scholarship, but Enji Todoroki always needed something to hold over his son's head apparently, so he insisted that Shouto focus on his studies and bypass getting a job. He had given Shouto a fancy, entirely too large loft apartment, and a credit card, saying:

"Don't follow your eldest brother's footsteps. I don't need a second embarrassment of a son. Focus solely on your studies, and nothing else, Shouto."

Though it was close, the pros had outweighed the cons, and Shouto reluctantly had accepted the offers.
-
Life wasn't much kinder to Katsuki. He too had advanced classes even online, though in different subjects. And on top of that he did have a job- not to mention everyday expenses- though also had gotten in on a full scholarship, so he didn't have to worry about the Hell that is tuition.

That week the only time the two boys had gotten to see each other was at Starbucks. Shouto came in everyday at some point to study and get a drink as usual, though Katsuki couldn't always sit and talk. A couple times they studied together when Katsuki was on break, though they couldn't do that every time. Whether it was a day off or not, Katsuki would always come in to be with Shouto; even if all they could do was sit and study for a little bit, they still enjoyed each other's company.

For that week, most of their conversations were via text and call, and even those weren't as long as both of them would have liked.
-
It was the Sunday after that Hell Week that Katsuki had called Shouto.

Shouto had told Katsuki that he wasn't gonna come into the shop that Sunday so he could catch up on his sleep. It was 10:30am when Shouto had finally awoke.

And that was only because Reginald laid on his face, apparently trying to suffocate him.

With a soft groan, Shouto rolled over to the side of his bed and grabbed his phone off the nightstand. He rubbed his eyes and yawned as he scrolled through his notifications with his other hand.

"Twitter, Twitter, Twitter-" He rolled his eyes subtly, laying back down- and yes, doing that dangerous holding-phone-high-in-the-air-above-your-face-because-you're-a-daredevil thing. "That woman.. I swear all she tweets about is BTS and dumb pickup lines." He muttered, talking about his best friend Mikata. He stopped when he saw the green icon for a text message. "Katsuki." He had since changed the previous contact name to something more appropriate.