"..Im Sorry Kid.." : Mike Wheeler x Reader

You sat frozen as you saw the blue and red flickering lights drive towards your house. You ran out the door behind your mom, Despite her efforts to keep you inside.

"No.." you whispered, Running a hand through your hair. You caught Hoppers attention as you stood with your arms at your side, Trembling, Shaking your head slowly, Staring at him.

He purses his lips into a straight white line. "I'm..I'm sorry kid.." His voice dripped with guilt, With pain, But it was more pain for you than anyone else.

"No!" You burst into sobs, Watching Jonathan's car pull into the driveway. You ran towards him, Throwing your arms around him, Sobs escaping your small body.

He stumbled as you held on to him as if he would go any second. "I...c-c-can't..." You ran. And some people would say they were just running in some unknown direction..but you knew exactly where you were going.

You ran as fast as your legs could carry you.

You ran up to the Wheelers house, Knocking on the door frantically. Karen opened the door, Watching the you break into smaller and smaller pieces right before her eyes.

"Mike.." You said with pleasing eyes. You could hardly breathe. There was a lump in your throat that you couldn't get rid of. You gasped slightly for air between heart-wrenching sobs.

"He's in his room.." She smiled sympathetically.

You ran up the stairs, Slowing down as you approached the slightly opened door that led into mikes room. You pushed it open, Seeing mike hugging a pillow, Sobbing uncontrollably.

"M-m-Mike..." You croaked, gasping for air again. His eyes widened as he got up and wrapped his arms around you. The both of you continued uncontrollably sobbing.

You fell to the ground, Bringing your knees to your chest. Mike looked at your clothes, Seeing that they were muddy and torn.

"D-do you want..warm clothes.." He was surprised he could get a full sentence out. Neither of you felt like you could function properly.

You nodded shakily.
He went to the closet, Grabbing a dark green sweater and a pair of sweatpants. He went to walk out and you grabbed his hand.

You just shook your head and pulled him back into the room, Making him face towards the wall.

You pulled off your wet clothes, Throwing them in his laundry basket. You slid on the sweater that was a little baggy on you, and pulled on the sweatpants, Tying the drawstring.

You grabbed his hand, Pulling him onto the bed, Sliding under the blanket. You wrapped your arms around his waist,Choking on your own tears.

Mike finally had his arms around the girl he's liked since..forever, He just didn't think it would happen over the death of his Best Friend..