Aingeal

She was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen in my life

She was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen in my life.  I felt myself attracted to her, unlike I had ever felt attraction. I could see, by the reaction of the others, that they were certainly sharing my sentiment.

She was sitting on a rock, at the base of the waterfalls, singing to a dove that was rested on her hand. I did not recognize the song, nor the language it was from, but it made no difference, as her voice seemed to dive into our very souls.

"An angel," Belinda sighed.

"She is certainly that," Liam added, as he took off his hat, staring at the young woman's beauty.

She turned momentarily at us, but continued to sing to the dove, allowing us no more than a slight smile.

She had shoulder length blonde hair and the bluest eyes I had ever seen. She was dressed in a simple white dress that clung to her perfect form and she had the most beautiful face I had ever seen. I could barely contain my passion for her.

Except for the two wings that protruded from her back, she looked like a beautiful female human. The most beautiful human I had ever encountered.

As we stared, she stopped singing and after kissing the dove on the top of the head, she pushed her hand upwards urging the dove to fly away. It was then she stood and turned to us.

"I am Captain Scealia of the Dochas," I introduced myself.

She jumped from the rock and with a couple swift flaps of her wings she glided toward us, landing off to my left. She walked toward us in silent interest.

"I do not know if you understand my language," I offered, "but we wish you no harm."

She smiled, showing a full set of the whitest teeth I had ever seen. "You have come a long way," she spoke.

I nodded. "We have."

She stopped a few feet from me, her wings now tight against her body. "What has brought you to my kingdom?"

"We mean no harm. We are on an expedition seeking out new worlds." I offered her my hand. "As I said earlier, I am Scealia."

She took my hand. "My name is Aingeal. I am Queen of the fairies. I welcome you and your people to my land."

She went to each member of my party and greeted them. All were captivated by this amazing creature.

"You must be tired and hungry from your travels?"

I nodded. We had not slept much since landing two days earlier.

"Come, you will stay at my village tonight." She turned and began to walk away from the pond, along a path that seemed to magically appear in front of her as she took each step.

We followed her quietly and before too long the path opened wide before us and we stared upon yet another magical sight.