Chapter 1

A.J. POV

I was at my father's garage working on my bike when my phone rung. I look and see that it's my best friend, Reece. I answer it and say, "Sup, Reece Cup?" He hates when I call him that.
"Hey, A.J. I need you to bring me the spark plugs that are in my tool box." He says in a hurry.
"What's the hurry? Why do you need them?"
"Slade and I were headed to a race and his car messed up. Now can you bring us the spark plugs?" Of course, Slade needs them. He could never miss a race. It's not that I hate the guy, I've actually never even met him, but he's just too full of himself. He wins every race and then just brags about it.
"Why should I-?" I was cut off by a voice in the background.
"I ain't got time for this sh*t." I guess Slade isn't in a good mood.
"Please A.J., he's got a lot of money riding on this race." Reece begged.
"Fine, but you owe me."
"Don't I always pay you back?" I could practically hear the smirk on his face.
"Yeah, yeah. Where are ya?" I asked rolling my eyes.
"At the old diner."
"I'll be there in twenty."
"A.J.-" I hung up on him. I already know what he was gonna say, "Be careful, don't go too fast."
I walk over to his tool box and grab the spark plugs. I put them in my jacket pocket and get on my bike.
"Why can't he remember the spark plugs?" I muttered putting my blonde hair in a bun. I put my helmet on and start driving to the old diner. Let's see if I can beat twenty minutes. I thought.

Slade POV

Reece gets off the phone with his friend A.J. and turns back to me. "A.J. will be here in twenty."
I stop and turn to him. "It's a forty minute drive." I say raising one eyebrow.
"I know." He said sighing and running his hand through his hair.
Wow, I've never met this A.J. guy, but he sounds pretty cool. I mean Reece talks about him all the time. Saying how good he is at fixing cars. Maybe me and him could be good friends. I turn back and start taking the spark plugs off.
About fifteen minutes later we hear a bike in the distance. We look up and see a bike come flying around the corner and into the parking lot. That must be A.J. I gotta say the guys got a cool bike. He stops at the back of my car and turns the bike off.
Reece looks at his watch and says, "It's been fifteen minutes."
A.J. shrugs his shoulders and I scoff. A.J. flips the visor of his helmet up and Reece walks over and starts talking to him. I go back to working on the car and ignore their conversation. I get the spark plugs off and turn back to them and they're still talking.
"Can we have the spark plugs now, I kinda have a race to win." I say and A.J. turns and glares at me. Wait, is he wearing eyeshadow? He throws the spark plugs at me and I brush it off as just seeing things.
"I'll see you back at the shop tomorrow and try to go the speed limit this time." Reece says grabbing the spark plugs from me. A.J. salutes him and then puts his visor back down. He revs the the bike and drives off. Reece rolls his eyes and starts to put the spark plugs on. It may be my eyes playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure A.J. was wearing eyeshadow. Whatever, I can't worry about that right now, I got a race to win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey guys, I'm  planning on posting every week. It's my first book so please no hate. There'll probably be grammar and writing mistakes and I'm sorry for that. I'll see ya next week. -<3