Epilogue (racing)

One month later

Slade POV

It's been a month since I told A.J. I loved her. We've been dating ever since. Reece and I got her a new bike and she's been racing. She wins every race, just like me. Everyone says that me and her are the king and queen of the streets. A.J. just laughs it off but I can't help but think that she really is a queen. My queen.
Her and I are now at the road where we usually race, laying on the hood of my car. She's pointing out different constellation, but I'm not paying attention.
"Hey, A.J." I said playing with her fingers.
"Yeah?" She answers looking over at me.
"I wanna race you."
"I've never been beat."
"Neither have I."
"What do I get if I win?"
"Anything you want."
"What do you get?"
I look over at her, "Your heart."
She looks at me and smiles, "You wanna race for my heart?" I nod. "We don't need to race, because you already have it." I lean down and kiss her. How did I get so lucky?

Three years later

Reece POV (surprise)

I walk into the church wearing my suit and tie. I see A.J.'s friend Mallory.
"Hey, Mal." I said hugging her.
"Hey Reece, the bride wants you."
"Oh no, what did I do?" I asked chuckling and walking to the bride's room. I open the door, "Knock, knock. You wanted to see me?"
A.J. is standing in front of a full length mirror looking at her dress. She turns and looks at me.
"Ok, give to me straight. How do I look?" She asked taking a deep breath.

"You look like a princess

"You look like a princess. He won't know what hit him." I said smiling at her. She gives me an uneasy smile, "How you feeling?"
"Like I'm gonna pass out and throw up."
I laugh and walk over to her, "Have you told him?" She shakes her head. "Ok, well I'm gonna go talk to him. You stay in there, alright." She nods. "I love you, I'll see you in a bit." I leave her room and walk to the groom's room.
I knock on the door, " Hey, hey, best man coming in." I said walking in. Slade turns around and smiles at me.
"Have you seen her?" He asks.
"Yeah."
"How is she?"
"Nervous, but it's her wedding day."
"Yeah, how does she look?"
"I'm gonna tell you what I told her she looks like a princess."
"I'm getting married today. Wow." He said sitting down.
"Yeah, you're getting married to the love of your life." I said patting him on the back.
"Yeah, so when ya gonna ask her to marry you." He asked with a smirk.
"I'm working on it." I said as there was a knock on the door.
Dave peeks his head in, "Show time, boys."
We stand up and go to the end of the aisle. We stand there for a few minutes then Mallory's little niece, comes down the aisle dropping flowers. Everyone stands and watches as Dave and A.J. walk down the aisle. Dave gives her away and the ceremony starts.
[Skip to the I do's because, I'm lazy]
"Do you, Slade Williams, take Avery Jensen to be your wife?" The preacher asks.
"I do." Slade says smiling.
"Do you, Avery Jensen, take Slade Williams to be your husband?"
"I do." A.J. replied.
"You may now kiss the bride."
A.J. and Slade kiss and then walk back down the aisle. We all walk outside to where the food and presents are.
After sitting for a few minutes, Slade and A.J. walk out hand in hand. We all clap and cheer, the guy says over the speaker, " Everyone, Mr. and Mrs. Slade Williams."
Everyone eats and dances for a little while. I'm dancing with A.J. when I decide to ask her, "You going to tell him?"
"Yes, I'm gonna have him open my present soon." She says.
"Good."
"Jeez, relax. I told you cause I thought you could keep it a secret."
"I have been, but it's been killing me. He's my best friend."
"I thought I was your best friend."
"No, you're my sister."
She smiles at me, "I love you, Reese Cup."
I groan, "Still with the nickname." She laughs and so do I, "I love you too, A.J."
A little while later, we're all sitting at a table laughing a going on. I'm sitting next to Slade with A.J. on the other side of him. A.J. gets everyone's attention, "Everyone can I have your attention, I just wanted to thank you all for coming and I have a present for Slade." I walk over to Slade and hand him the box. He gives A.J. a confused look. "Just open it." She says, which makes everyone laugh.
He opens it, "A coffee mug?" He pulls it out.
"Look inside." A.J. tells him smiling. He looks inside.

He looks at A

He looks at A.J. with wide eyes, "Really?!" She nods. He picks her up and spins her around. He puts her down and yells to everyone, "I'm gonna be a dad." Everyone cheers and walks over to congratulate them. I walk over and hit Slade on the back, "Congrats, man."
He turns to me, "Did you know?"
"Who do you think helped her hide it from you?" He hits me.
"I hate you."
"No you don't." He just shrugs and walks off. I watch as Slade and A.J. smile and laugh. I feel an arm snake around my waist. I look down at my beautiful girlfriend, "I want that, Reece." She says looking up at me.
"Well," I start and then get down on one knee, "will you marry me?"
The End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: The end of Slade and A.J.'s story. What did you think?  Who do you think Reece proposed too?  I'm thinking of writing a book about him, comment if you think I should. Love you guys-❤🖤