Chapter 10 (jail!?)

A.J. POV

I woke up the next morning, after getting about an hour of sleep. I couldn't stop worrying about Slade and Reece. An hour after they had left, Dad came back with a change of clothes for me. When he asked where they went, I told him I wasn't for sure but they should be back soon.
I look over and see Dad waking up. He insisted on staying with me.
"Good morning, sweetheart." He said yawning.
"Morning, Dad." I said turning on the T.V.
"Do you want some breakfast? I can run and get you something."
"Yeah, thanks."
"No problem." He got up and walked over to his jacket. Right when he was about to put it on, his phone rang.
I wasn't really paying all that much attention.
"Hello." Dad said as he answered the phone. He glanced over at me, "Yeah, I'll accept the charges." I look over at him. What does he mean by that? "Reece, tell me why in the h*ll you're calling me from a jail cell!?" He yelled. Reece is in jail? Wait but if Reece is in jail then that means-oh no. What did they do?  I motioned for my dad to give me the phone. He sighed and then handed it to me.
"What the h*ll are you doing in jail?" I ask as soon as I got the phone.
"A.J. listen to me, it's not that bad-" I cut Reece off.
"Not that bad!? You're in jail. Where's Slade?"
"He's in the holding cell relax."
"Don't tell me to relax.  Have you guys been booked?"
"Yeah."
"For what?"
"Illegal street racing and assault."
"Assault!? What the h*ll did you two do?"
"We couldn't let him get away with it. We found him beat him up and called the cops. They figured out that we all street raced so, they arrested us."
"What's the bail?"
"500 dollars, each."
"Where are we gonna get a thousand dollars?"
"My tool box."
"Your racing money."
"Yeah, so get Dave to get it and come down to the station."
"Alright, I will. Hey, Reece."
"Yeah?"
"You know I love you, but I kinda hate your dumb a** right now."
He laughed, "Yeah, Avery I know, but we couldn't let him get away with it. Listen, I love ya, I'll see ya later."
"Bye." I hang up and hand the phone to my Dad. "You need to go to the shop. Get in Reece's tool box and pull on the handle to the left, there's a secret stash of money. There should be a thousand, so ya can get them out."
"How do you know about that?" He asked.
"Reece told me, that if I need it to take it." I shrug.
"Alright, the doctor said you could leave tomorrow, so I'll be back later with the boys."
"They won't want to come."
"Why not?"
"Cause they'll have to deal with me yelling at them."
He chuckled, "I think they'll have to deal with that sooner or later."
"Yeah." I said as he kissed my for head. He turned and walked out the door. Once the door closes, I looked out the window. Slade, what were you thinking?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: Hey, y'all. What did you think? Comment and vote-❤🖤