Chapter 6

A.J. POV

The guy pulls Reece up to the line and I look over at Slade. He's standing beside me with his arms crossed watching the cars. I look at the way the headlights from the cars shine on his face. His blue eyes light up as they watch the race. He looks over and catches me staring. I turn away quickly and act like I've been watching the race. He smirks and shakes his head muttering something under his breath that I can't hear. Why was I even staring at him?
The guy backs up and turns the flashlight on. Reece and the guy leave the start line at the same time, about half way Reece pulls away and takes the win. I pump I fist in the air and see Slade looking at me funny.
"What?" I ask him. He just shakes his head and starts to walk over to his car. I stay put and cross my arms. I know he won't leave me because Reece would kill him. He notices that I'm not following him.  He turns back and motions for me to follow. I just stand there.
He just rolls his eyes and walks over to me. Then he does something I wouldn't expect.....he picks  me up and throws me over his shoulder. I beat on his back and he just chuckles. I finally give up and put my elbow on his back while my chin is resting in my hand. People gives us weird looks as we pass them. When we make it to my bike and his car, he puts me down. As soon as my feet touch the ground I punch him in the chest.
"Don't ever do that again." I said in a warning tone.
"You wouldn't follow me so..." He trails off as Reece pulls up next to us. He hops out of the car holding $500. I give him a hug and congratulate him.
Then I notice Bennett and some of his friends walking over. Bennett's eyes are on me and the only thing I can think is: I'm sooo dead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: Hey y'all. Who else wanted them to kiss or thought they were going to? 🙋 I know, but it wasn't the right time. What do you think Bennett is going to do? Comment and vote. -<3