𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐞

———✰———

Lucas, Dustin, Max and Joyce, who had just arrived in a frenzy, met up with Veronica and Mike who were standing with Will as he had another episode.

"We just found him like this!" Mike panicked.

"We think he's having another episode" Veronica added as Joyce stood in front of her son.

"Will! Will! Will! Sweetie, wake up! It's mom! Will!" Joyce said shaking her son's shoulders trying to snap him out of the episode.

"Will, wake up! Can you hear me? Will, please, just wake up." Joyce carries on as the kids were exchanging worried looks and Veronica interlocked her hand with Mike's again, making him squeeze it in reassurance whilst Joyce was getting slightly hysterical over her unawakening son.

"Please, wake up! It's mom! It's me!" Joyce shook him and suddenly he gasped and his eyes flew open making them all sigh in relief.

"Okay, that totally freaked me out. Did that not freak you guys out?" Max said as they watched Will and Joyce get in the car, from the top of the school entrance stairs.

"Two episodes in two days" Lucas stated ignoring Max.

"It's getting worse" Veronica agreed.

"You think it's true sight?" Lucas asked Mike.

"What's true sight?" Max asked lost in what they were talking about.

"It's nothing" Lucas dismissed.

———✰———

The next day at school Dustin arrived to find Mike, Veronica and Max outside the garbage Lucas was sorting through.

"What the hell is going on?" He asked.

"What do you think? We're looking for Dart" Mike told him as Lucas through some garbage out.

"Jesus!" Dustin exclaimed.

"Oh!" Max said in surprise.

"Ugh," Mike grunted.

"Ew," Veronica squealed in disgust.

"Well, well, Well. Look who finally decided to show up. After I drew the short straw. Real convenient" Lucas said to Dustin as he jumped out the bin.

"You stink" Max started drawing Lucas's attention to her as she stepped away from her and towards Dustin.

"Hi Max" Dustin smiled as the girl stood next to him.

"Hi" she greeted back giving a strange look.

"Wheres Will?" Dustin asked when he realised he wasn't there.

"He'll be here" Mike assured.

"Are you gonna stand there? Or are you gonna help?" Lucas asked throwing a stick towards him as the five started sorting through the rubbish. Well, Veronica was more poking it in disgust than sorting through it.

———✰———

"Anything?" Lucas asked Mike who had just attempted to call Will which made him shake his head in response.

"We need to talk. AV room right now" Mike demanded as he helped Veronica off the railing of the steps."Party members only" he reminded looking at Max.

"Come on, Mike" Dustin tried.

"No! This is non-negotiable" Mike responded before he led Veronica into school.

"Will didn't want us to tell anyone, but on Halloween night he saw a sort of shadow in the sky" Mike explained to the two boys.

"A shadow? What kind of shadow?" Lucas asked.

"We don't know," Veronica told him.

"But it scared him" Mike added.

"And If Will really has true sight I mean, if he can really see into the Upside down, maybe he saw that shadow again yesterday," Mike said.

"So that's why he was frozen like that?" Dustin asked.

"Maybe" Mike shrugged.

"Can it hurt him?" Lucas asked worried "I mean if this shadow thing isn't from our world"

"I'm not sure. Dustin?" Veronica asked the boy who pretty much knew everything about D&D.

"Well, if you're in another plane, so theoretically, no the shadow can't hurt him," Dustin informed them.

"Yeah, If that's even what's happening. This isn't in D&D. This is in real life" Veronica contradicted.

"So what do we do?" Lucas asked.

"We acquire more knowledge. Veronica and I will go to wills after school. See what's going on. Lucas and Dustin, you guys stay here and find Dart." Mike told the three.

"Dart? What's he gotta do with this?" Dustin asked protectively.

"Will heard him in the upside down. I don't know how yet, but he's gotta be connected to all this. He's gotta be. If we find Dart, maybe we can solve this thing. Maybe we can help Will." Veronica told giving him an almost knowing look which worried Dustin that maybe she knew he knew where Dart was.

———✰———

After school, Veronica and Mike cycled to the Byers.

"Hello? Will? Miss Byers?" Mike asked knocking on the door.

"Hey, Veronica, Mike" Joyce greeted as she opened the door to them.

"Is Will here?" Mike asked.

"You know what now isn't really a good time," Joyce told them smiling kindly.

"Is he okay?" Mike worried.

"Yeah" Joyce sighed "you know, he's just not feeling really well. He's lying down, so I'll tell him you two stopped by, okay?"

"It's about the monster isn't it?" Veronica spoke up making Joyce look back at the two.