Ch.3 The games have just begun

(3rd P.O.V)             (2593 Words)   

[Trigger warning: Dark, mentions of suicide, suicide, graphic. You have been warned...]

'Kill them...'

'...Make them suffer'

'...Destroy them...'

'...Watch them burn...'

'...Wring their necks...'

'..Make. Them. Suffer...'

The voices were restless as X walked calmly through the maze of pristine white floors and halls. Not a single speck of blood, grime, or dirt. No indication of the horrors that took place behind the polished steel doors that lined the Halls. X didn't need her super hearing to be able to hear the wails and pleas of the other unfortunate souls that were trapped here. Their screams and cries only excited the voices.

'Blood thirsty pigs', she thought to herself with and eye roll continuing her steady pace and up a few flights of stairs. She had to be in position soon before she missed her one shot at escape. 

 Twenty one years... Twenty one long years she had been caged, tortured, trained; and in as little as fifteen minutes she would be free and the place left in ruins. X didn't try to stop the beautiful sadistic smirk that played at the corner of her lips her lips at the thought of all the chaos she'd be leaving behind. But just as quickly as it came it went. 

In all of X's years of life she had never once smiled... Then again, if anyone had endured what she had they wouldn't be smiling either.

As she continued to glide down the halls X came across a room with a large window. At first she passed by with ease but with every silent step that she took her curiosity increased, and in no time she found herself in front of the thick glass peering in. A pitiful sigh made its way past her lips as she looked at all of the glowing pods that held multiple forms whos faces looked almost peaceful as they 'slept'.

 '...What they know wont hurt them...', X thought with a shrug as she looked at all of the different faces that littered the room. She new she couldn't stay for much longer; she was on a tight schedule and couldn't afford any distractions. With one final glance at the room she was off again without a sound. 

X was unmoving, head hung low, as the ice cold water rolled down her torn and bloodied back. Her back felt raw and sore from the few lashed she received only an hour or two. X found herself hypnotized as she watched the water become tainted by her blood. 

It wasn't odd to see X coated in a thick layer of blood, especially when the assassin came back from her 'adventures'. 

The Few people that had met her knew her by X, but the world knew her as Red Death. A name she was given to her after the countless assassinations she'd committed in the span of her lifetime. 

She would never forget her first kill, a business man turned drug dealer, living in the slums of Gotham. He owed people money... Lots of money, and his payments were well over due. 

She could only remember so much; the smell of wet sewage and death as she followed his anxious form from the shadows. The cold raindrops as they pelted her bruised skin, the adrenaline that pumped through her body as she hunted him like a predator. 

She followed him for hours, never straying to far, never loosing his form. He had been the one to make the foolish mistake to call her out, and provoke the child ready to take on whatever came his way.