Ch.6 Under Moonlight

(3rd POV) (2,580 Words)

'... Somethings wrong...'

'What do you mean Miss M?'

'I-I don't know something just doesn't feel right'

Perhaps it was the heat from the fires littered throughout the rubble; or the very weight of the severity of this mission, but something within the telepath did not sit well.

Beast boy's eyes darted towards Miss Martian, a woman he's come to care for and look up to, who's eyes glazed over as she looked off in a dazed stupor. The boys in blue and white looked over at their friend equally concerned.

'Maybe we should take a break', Blue suggested as he cautiously approached his fellow team mates.

'Y-Yeah we can check in on Nightwing and Superboy—see how they've been doing on their end.', Impulse added as he and Blue gently guided their dazed friend through the remains of the building careful to steer away from and fires or intense heat.

'Beast, stay here with Impulse and Miss M. Impulse, contact Nightwing and fill him in on our um... situation. I'm gonna do a quick areal view—see if I can spot anything.'

'Will do hermano'

•••

It wasn't until on their fifth round along the border where the town meets the woods that Nightwing got word from one of the teams.

'Hey Nightwing'

'Impulse? What's going on? Where is Miss Martian?'

'She's not doing to great. I think the heat of the fires are starting to get to her. Beast, Blue and I are gonna take her back to the ship.'

'Okay that's fine, just be sure she drinks lots of fluids and try to cool her down. Anything to report?'

'No not much to go off of, but from the looks of it this person was fighting for their life... Oh, and do you think you could check in with Superboy; we haven't heard from him since we landed.'

'Yeah will do. Get back to the ship, and keep your eyes peeled'

'Roger that, Impulse out.'

Nightwing released a deep sigh and rolled his shoulders after releasing the com; frustrated with how the early morning was going.

'Is Miss M alright?', Wonder girl couldn't help but ask. Nightwing's tone and the way his muscles tensed peaked her curiosity and nudged her into worry. After all Miss Martian was some one she cared a great deal for, someone she's looked up to.

'She's gonna be fine, she just got a little over heated. The boys have it handled... Any word on Superboy?'

'N-No, I've tried but he doesn't respond... You don't think he's in any trouble do you?'

'You and I both know that Superboy can handle anything that's thrown his way, but we should check on him. Besides it's safe to say we've searched every corner and dark Alley way this town has to offer'

Wonder girl released a sigh of relief as she rolled her aching shoulders in an attempt to release some tension before following Nightwings lead and taking off into the dark wood.

•••

(3rd POV)

The waters surface broke with a loud splash as Superboy reaches the surface, in disbelief at how careless he had been standing on the sleek moss covered rocks above, giving X plenty of time to asses him.

She knew purely based of the clothes he wore, and the symbol that adorned his now soaked chest, was a dead give away to his identity. He was non other than Superboy, one of the many genomorphs created under Lex Luthors direct order. The first experiment to saved by the young justice league years ago.