|| Two ||

Noctis and Ignis were still unconscious. While the prince would make a full recovery, his advisor would not. The severe scarring around his eyes signified the use of some unknown power. One of the doctors who checked over him said his eyesight would never return.

It had been two days since the attack on Altissia and Prompto had been plagued with the same nightmare. Nothing would change and all he would see were blurry images of (Y/n). Very few were joyous, but most of them she was suffering. He had no idea why his mind was tormented by such gruesome images and remembered what she had told him during their short rendezvous during the attack.

Take the orb in your hand and say my name

Prompto pulled out the yellow orb from his pocket and clutched it tightly in his palm, his other hand gripping tightly to the corner of the bed he sat on. The spherical artifact dug into his skin from how hard he was clenching it. With a defeated frown, he whispered her name.

Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Looking over to see who it was, he was baffled and frightened when he saw (Y/n). He flew to his feet, tripping over the sheets that had fallen off the bed and landing on the floor with a painful grunt.

"Guess I've got some explaining to do, huh?" (Y/n) forced a smile. Prompto nodded and pushed himself off the floor. "I know you're not gonna believe me, but here we go. Remember when I asked you on the gondola if you've heard of the Four Horsemen?"

"Y-Yeah," Prompto swallowed anxiously.

"Well..." The golden-haired girl sighed. "The Four Horsemen are real and I am one of them. Would you like me to tell you the real story of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?"

Prompto nodded and crawled back onto the bed, listening intently.

"Glad you decided to sit." (Y/n) claimed the spot beside him, crossing her legs. "Because this is gonna be quite the story."

•••••
Four souls were pulled from the four corners of Hell, gifted with abilities no human, Astral, nor daemon could comprehend. Each soul was given one of four aliases that accompanied their newly bestowed powers-War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death. Now dubbed the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse by the Daemon King, Aeshema, they were sent to a world between the living and the dead known as the Inner Sanctum-a domain where the Four Horsemen would reside and keep order of the monsters who relish to break the seal preventing them from entering the world of the living and quenching their bloodlust.

With the seal preventing the monsters from escaping to the land of the living shattered, the Horsemen were tasked with traveling to the bustling world to hunt down the monsters that escaped and kill them before humans fell victim to their bloodlust. Once each Horseman slew their share of the monsters, they would be granted passage back to the Inner Sanctum.

Once the Four Horsemen reached the gateway and entered the portal, they arrived in the land of the living. Famine, Death, Pestilence, and War went their separate ways and disguised themselves amongst the humans in order to walk among the living and hunt down the monsters incognito without interfering with the lives around them.
•••••

(Y/n) stared into Prompto's cerulean gaze, seeing he did believe her. "You believe me that quickly?"

"I mean, I've only known you for a few days, but I know you wouldn't make something up like that. They're four of you, right? Which one are you?"

"Famine, but I prefer to use my real name. My sisters... not so much. Just keep calling me (Y/n). It's nice to hear it after such a long time."

Prompto nodded, still trying to wrap his head around the revelation. He's heard many variations of the tale, but he never believed the Four Horsemen really existed. He wanted to ask more questions, but he held his tongue. Now that he knew the truth about her, he was frightened of what she could achieve, knowing she had powers he nor anyone else could imagine. But he would never admit to her that he was afraid of her in fear she would sever her ties with him.