|| Six ||

A/n: (M/n) means mother's name and (F/n) means father's name. Just a small FYI for later on in the chapter. Hope you all enjoy! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

Prompto fell from the train, taking (Y/n)'s lifeless body with him. He screamed as he fell and his entire body ached when his back slammed against the ground. Famine's body landed a few feet away from him, a bullet hole between her eyes. The wound on her arm healed before Ardyn had pulled the trigger to fire the second bullet. All that was left was the single hole in her head.

The blonde grunted in pain as he pushed himself up and searched for (Y/n). When he found her corpse, he scrambled over to her and cradled her body in his arms. "(Y-Y/n)...?" He stared into her lifeless, (e/c) eyes, trailing a hand through her golden locks. He saw no sign of the bullet wound healing and felt tears threatening to fall. He nuzzled his nose into her cold cheek, a few tears escaping their prison and trailing down his cheeks. His bottom lip quivered as he tried to keep from crying out.

Carefully, Prompto gathered (Y/n) into his arms and carried her body away from the tracks. He reached an abandoned house that was located not far from the tracks and pushed open the door with his foot. He wandered inside and laid the Horseman's body against the wall beside the door. Reluctantly, he left her to check around the house.

In the bedroom, he found spare clothes that were meant to be worn in cold weather. He even discovered a black beanie in the pile of clothes. Grabbing the clothes, he wandered back into the living room where he left (Y/n). Placing the outfit down, he kneeled in front of the girl and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. Eyes filled with sorrow, he leaned forward and rested his forehead against her shoulder. "I'm sorry, (Y/n)."

"What are you apologizing for?"

Prompto lifted his head from her shoulder, crystalline eyes wide when he heard her gentle voice. Once lifeless, her (e/c) eyes now glistened beautifully. A smile bloomed on the boy's face as he wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug. "I-I thought... I thought..."

(Y/n) wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her chin on his shoulder. "The brain is a bit more complicated when it comes to the healing process. Sorry for the scare, Prompto."

He continued to hold her close, refusing to let her go. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine." She reluctantly pulled away and leaned back against the wall. She looked around the dusty room in confusion. "Where are we?"

"Some abandoned house not far from the tracks," the boy responded.

"Who knows where the train is now. It seems we're gonna have to rendezvous with the others on foot." She glanced outside the window to her left. "But for now, you should get some rest. It's best if we wait 'til dawn to begin our trek."

Prompto glanced towards the window and saw the sun disappearing beyond the horizon. He agreed with her, fearing the daemons' numbers would be overwhelming for the two of them even with her powerful magic. "Yeah. Guess we better call it a night."

"You better call it a night. I'll keep watch. We wouldn't want any surprise visitors." (Y/n) stood up and walked past the blonde.

Prompto already knew she didn't need to sleep nor eat like him. She had the strength to protect him and herself. He also trusted her with his life. The blonde thanked Famine before trying to use whatever he could that the house provided as a means to get comfortable for the night. He decided to use the thick jacket he scavenged as a pillow since the house was practically void of any and all furniture. He placed the article of clothing under his head as he laid down on the floor in the corner of the barren room. He whispered a barely audible "good night" before his eyes drooped shut.