|| Nineteen ||

A/n: Welcome to the final chapter! I know I said this would be between 20-25 chapters, but I decided to end it here because I really wanna get to the next book, which will be Pestilence (Ignis x Reader). Thank you all for joining me on this journey through this book and supporting me! I hope some of you are looking forward to the next book in this series! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

The four returned to Meldacio safely. King Aeshema vanished as they drove away from Fort Vaullerey with just a smile painted on his face. Pestilence had vanished alongside the daemon king. Gladio and Ignis immediately searched for Dave and his team of hunters he planned to send to the fort just before they left to tell him the good news.

Prompto bought the caravan for a day and dragged (Y/n) inside before closing the door with his foot. He locked the door and tugged her to the small bedroom in the back. He scooped her up in his arms and tossed her on the bed. Before she could even push herself onto her elbows, he climbed on the bed and pinned her body to the sheets.

The air between them was silent as they stared into each other's eyes. Prompto's eyes darted to her neck and remembered what Ardyn had done. He grabbed both of her wrists in one hand, pinning them above her head while he used his other arm to support his weight and avoid collapsing on top of her body. Leaning down, he placed his lips on her neck and kissed the areas the chancellor had placed his own lips.

(Y/n) shuttered, her body shaking as she felt his soft and slightly chapped lips against her neck. "P-Prom, what're you doing?"

"Just erasing where that bastard kissed you." Then, he trailed his tongue over the spots he kissed just like Ardyn had done.

"Ah—hey! The licking is weird!" (Y/n) whined, cheeks turning bright crimson.

"Sorry," he chuckled at her cute reaction. "Just making sure I washed it all away. Did he do anything else to you on the ship?"

The Horseman shook her head. "No. Just the kisses and the... licking." She grimaced at remembering the feeling of the chancellor's lips and tongue against her skin.

Using her strength, she broke free of Prompto's hold and flipped their position. "Whoa!" The blonde shrieked as his world started spinning.

She grinned down at him as she straddled his hips and placed her hands on his chest. "As much as I would love to see where this is going, you're gonna need to get some rest. We've got a big day tomorrow."

"Man, I can't wait to see the Inner Sanctum," he excitedly exclaimed. "I'm bringing extra SD cards just in case I go overboard."

"And that's why you need to sleep." (Y/n) leant over and kissed him on the forehead. "Sleep well, sweetheart."

The moment (Y/n) went to climb off Prompto, the sharpshooter grabbed her hands before they lifted from his chest. "Could you stay with me?" He yawned. "I mean, I know you don't sleep, but... could you?"

Famine smiled down at him. "Of course, Prom." She pushed herself off his body and claimed the spot next to him. She reclined her head against his chest and snuggled into his side. One of his arms wrapped around her waist, rubbing his hand up and down her side in a soothing manner. She decided to see if she could sleep herself, listening to his heartbeat and his even breathing. When she heard his breathing become slow and deep, she knew he was asleep. She smiled warmly, closing her eyes with a content sigh. "Sweet dreams, Prompto."

<—————————<<<<<<<<

After several hours of sleep, the couple was up and about. Prompto took a shower in the minuscule bathroom as he had forgotten to take one when they returned. (Y/n) was sitting at the table beside the bathroom, waiting for him patiently. She stared down at the small piece of metal paneling she snatched up after the drop ship exploded.