|| Seven ||

A/n: It's been a while since I've played Episode Prompto so I wanna apologize for any mistakes! Hope you all enjoy! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

Several days have passed since Prompto and (Y/n) fell off the train. They trudged through the snowstorm they were currently trapped in. Prompto, in the warm clothes he found in the abandoned house, turned to Famine every now and then to check on her. Unlike him, she didn't have warm clothes and refused to take his jacket when he offered it to her. "(Y-Y/n), are you okay?" His teeth chattered as he waited for her to catch up.

She had her arms wrapped around her in a desperate attempt to fight off the cold. "Y-Yeah. W-We need to f-find shelter." She thought about summoning Limos, but the horse would be of no help in the blinding snowstorm. She tried to use her own magic to keep them warm, but she was too weak due to the cold. The feeling of hypothermia was setting in and she could feel her body becoming numb.

Prompto saw her struggling to move and trudged through the thick blanket of snow to reach her. After taking a few more steps, he begins having great difficulty just remaining on his own feet. He covered his face when another powerful gale of wind whipped around them. He heard a soft 'thump' and lowered his arms. (Y/n) had collapsed in the snow, her body becoming enshrouded with the white, frigid substance.

"No..." Prompto weakly muttered as he forced his body to fight through the strong wind to reach her. After barely making it a few steps, he gasps and collapses to his knees. He managed to get back up, continuing to shuffle towards her collapsed body.

"What a way to go," he mumbled before collapsing face first into the snow with a weak grunt a few feet from (Y/n).

As the elements continue their relentless assault upon him and the Horseman, his vision begins to fade. He feebly reaches out towards (Y/n) but stops when his last speckle of strength fails him. Prompto looks up to see imperial soldiers jumping down into the snow from drop ships above. The soldiers stand over the two, examining both of them as Prompto's body succumbs and his awareness fades.

<----------<<<<<<<<<<<

Prompto awakens laying face down on the floor in a research lab. He grunts, looks around him, and slowly gets up onto one knee. Glancing down, he realizes the bracelet he wore to hide the barcode on the back of his right wrist is missing. "It's gone." He stands up and looks around the large room. "What... What is this place?"

Azure eyes scanned the room further. He felt his heart racing when he didn't spot (Y/n) anywhere nearby. "(Y/n)?"

A deafening Silence was all he received in response.

He searched his pockets for the summoning orb, but he couldn't find it. "Where'd it go?" He checked his pockets once more before exploring the room in search of the yellow artifact. His heart rate skyrocketed when he couldn't find the orb.

Upon inspecting a control panel beside a closed set of sliding metal doors, Prompto lays his right hand on the panel. A feminine automated voice begins speaking over the loudspeaker.

Scanning production code.

Prompto gasps and looks around him, startled at hearing the computerized voice. He takes a step back as the automated voice continues.

Unit 05953234 confirmed.

The metal doors before him slide open. Prompto looks down at his barcode. While staring at the back of his wrist, the voice speaks once more.

Warning: this unit has been compromised. Initiating retrieval of compromised unit.

Prompto stumbles further back. "What's going on?"