|| Sixteen ||

"You really think this is gonna work?" Gladio questioned as he parked his truck in Lestallum. They hopped out of the vehicle and glanced around at the darkness surrounding them.

"Trust me, it will. Seeing a defenseless woman walking down the road all by herself will definitely grab a cultist's attention. We better make this quick before Prompto gets here. I've a feeling he's not far behind."

(Y/n) began trekking down the highway past the boarded up gas station before Gladio stopped her. "Hold on. You don't exactly strike me as a damsel in that outfit. In that, you look like you could whip anyone's ass. Not to mention, you do."

"It's not like I carry a spare outfit around. Maybe Iris can sell me some clothes. I know she's selling them in town."

"I've got you covered." Gladio scavenges through his truck and pulled out a set of clothing.

(Y/n) eyed the outfit mysteriously, eyes slightly narrowed

(Y/n) eyed the outfit mysteriously, eyes slightly narrowed. "What're you doing with women's clothing?"

"It's one of Iris' old outfits. By the looks of it, you two might be the same size. Try 'em on." He handed her the clothes and she went to other side of the truck to change. Gladio kept watch, ensuring no one was passing by and watching them.

Famine changed into the outfit swiftly, noting the areas where the clothes were a little snug. She tugged on the hem of the skirt, pulling it down to just a couple of inches above her knees. "Why does it have to be short?"

"You done?" Gladio's gruff voice questioned.

"Yeah, but this skirt is ridiculously short..."

"You look great," he smirked when he saw her in the outfit. "Prompto would be having a field day if he saw you in this. Then again, he really likes your clothes."

"Oh, really? Why's that?"

"He loves the way your legs look," the brute chuckled.

"I'll have to tease him later," (Y/n) grinned. "If he's not too angry with me."

"There's no way in hell he could stay mad at you. This is Prompto we're talkin' about." Gladio glanced down the road, staring at the daemons in the far distance. "You ready for this?"

"Let's just make this quick," Famine sighed.

"Take this." The amber-eyed man handed her an earpiece. "I'll be listening the entire time. Just try not to give away the fact that you could kick their ass. You'll scare 'em off."

"I know, I know. If there's an issue I might have to use my blade for some... persuasion." (Y/n) walked down the road until she could no longer see Lestallum. She used her flashlight to light her way, hoping the next car to pass would be a cultist's. She rubbed her exposed arms, the frigid breeze nipping at her skin and causing goosebumps. "Why does it have to be chilly? I'm practically naked right now..."