IMPORTANT

Hi all!

I know I've been away for a while but this is a quick message regarding some comments I've been receiving both on my story and through messenger.

In 2017 I began watching Night Shift and in August of that year I wrote 'Doesn't Surprise Me', a lot of work and effort has gone into making this enjoyable for readers and I'm slightly disheartened that I'm having a lot of comments stating that I have 'infringed and copyrighted' a story from another Wattpad creator. As you could possibly understand, this was a real kick in the gut at the time and I couldn't believe that the work I had created had been copied and pasted into another story. Some lines were exact pieces of transcript whilst others were slightly altered. 

Please note, my story was published 17th July 2017, 11 months before the story in question. 

I decided when the matter was first brought to my attention in late 2018 that I would not contact the copyright team, as I'm sure, you're all aware that copyright is ILLEGAL. To this day, my decision remains to not contact any further medium as I'm aware that in some cases, once you've read something it sticks in your mind and you can accidentally reproduce in your own works.Having said all this, the writer was very apologetic and told me they would retrace their steps and change amounts of their story that had been copied and even slightly altered from mine. I will not be pursuing the claim unless absolutely necessary but at this time I don't feel the need.

I don't mean to be a moody margaret or anything, I just hope that people will take the time and read this to understand the situation. And PLEASE check out the other fanfiction, because since altering, it is quite a piece. 

But  I hope you have a lovely evening all! And I'll be back soon. xxx