Meet Harry Riddle

Dumbledore sat sadly at the front of the Great Hall, his usual joyful demeanour gone. It was 1991, and this was the year The Boy Who Lived would have attended Hogwarts for the first time, but unfortunately his well laid plans were destroyed by some stupid muggles. When Albus had sent out the Hogwarts letter to the home in which the eleven year old lived he was rather impatient when he did not get a reply on the third day, so in all his nosiness he went to the boy's home to investigate. He had placed the boy with his Uncle, Aunt and Cousin, the Dursleys who was the boy's only living relatives after the boy's parents died by the hand of Voldemort. When he got to the home he found it was uninhabited, and through later research found the Dursleys had moved.

 Although it irritated Albus that he was not informed of this move, he went to the new address in hope the letter had simply been miss delivered. When he got to the new home of the Dursleys he smiled at the neat row of houses it belonged to. All the houses had perfect gardens and bright flowers, that gave an inviting aura. He smiled as he knocked on the door, he was sure the young boy had had a wonderful life in the neighbourhood with his relatives.  When the door opened he was greeted by the face of Petunia Dursley, who was the sister of The Boy Who Lived mother, Lilly Potter. She was a rather ugly woman, who had a horse like face with small blue beady eyes she often used to spy on the neighbours. She smiled as she opened the door, but when she saw Albus her face fell almost instantly.

 "What are you doing here?" she asked venomously as she glared at Albus. Albus was shocked at the manners Petunia had,

 "I am here to see young Harry of course?" Petunias face then turned into one of disgust as he asked about The Boy Who Lived.

"He's not here anymore, got taken by one of your lot. Threatened to kill us you know. Then they took him, good riddance you know. That boy was no good!" Albus' plans then shattered as he heard the boy was gone he had stormed off but not before cursing the Dursleys with bad luck.

He then dissapperated to the Ministry to get a search for The Boy Who Lived. That had been two months ago, and they still had not found the boy, who had been announced dead a month after they had searched. It had been devastating news to the whole of the wizarding community as they announced there saviour dead, and Albus got a lot of the backlash for placing him in the untrustworthy care of muggles. Albus had lost many of his supporters to this, they all believed in the horrid articles written in the Daily Prophet and did not believe a word Albus muttered about his side of the story. So now Albus sat miserably as the children flooded the hall ready for the new school year.

 He watched heavy heartedly as the first years were sorted, not even paying attention to the Sorting Hats song. He watched as the students were sorted, mild interest in those who had families in high up places, like the Malfoy's boy who was expectedly sorted into Slytherin, as well as Amelia Bones' niece, Susan Bones who was sorted into Hufflepuff. He listened as the last child was called and looked up to see one student left. This boy had a messy mop of ravens black hair, he wore round, thick framed glasses. He was smaller than most of the boys his age but was definitely one of the more stronger and active ones. You could see the outline of his muscles on his well fitted school robes. He looked up at Albus and that's when Albus knew who it was, it was those dazzling green emerald eyes. The eyes that the boy had inherited from his diseased Mother. Harry Potter. No, it couldn't be Harry, for he was dead, he had been pronounced dead by the Minister of Magic himself. It  could just be a coincidence the boy looked exactly alike to the dead boy, but then why was he not on the sorting list? Oh too many questions for Albus. Maybe it was the boy though, they had yet to find the body.  Oh don't get your hopes up you stupid old fool he told himself.

 "What is your name boy?" he looked down on the small boy trying his best not to show his nerves, for if this was the boy his whole world was about to change, and he would yet again become the good guy,

 "I'm Harry... Harry Riddle." With that the hall erupted into utter chaos, excluding the Slytherins who looked at Harry with mild interest, and some with knowing looks at Harry, who smirked back. As he watched the staff try, but fail to take control of the situation he strode towards the tattered hat that sat on the wooden stool, and like a parrot he copied what all the first year students had done and placed the ancient hat on his head. The hall suddenly went silence Dumbledore stood up, fear glazing his eyes. He could not stop this, he the great Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, could do absolutely nothing. It was against the rules Hogwarts herself had set to remove the Sorting hat whilst it was in the process of sorting. It would mean he would be removed as Headmaster by Hogwarts, and so he could do nothing. The hall had gone silent, so silent you could hear a pin drop. Everybody waited in anticipation for the reveal of the boys house as he watched the hat carefully hoping to give off a sign of the soon to end sorting one word was yelled and echoed across the silent hall,

 "SLYTHERIN!"