The Forgotten

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF PAST SELF HARM AND ABUSE, THIS THEME WILL CONTINUE THROUGHOUT THE STORY SO IF THIS BOTHERS YOU PLEASE DO NOT READ ON.

Harry found himself in a small room, he lay in a small bed with blue and white striped night clothes on. He sat up and smiled, his body ached but he had been taught to deal with it. "Why Amelia, I am guessing I have caused something terrible to happen." He watched Amelia look up at him gravely from the parchment that she was writing on. "The Minister of Magic is dead." Harry smiled then wiped it of his face for a sarcastic sadness, "Well I am sincerely sorry for the loss of the man who was trying to kill me and torture me." He was in pain, but he had to make her think he was able to attach her, "We are all shocked at how quickly you have recovered from the incident. We know of nobody lasting the curse that long and not coming out without any mental problems." Harry nodded, "I am yet again defying your rules. So, what are you going to do now Amelia? Are you to charge me with the murder of the Minister and kill me in public or are you going to quietly kill me now?" Harry watched as she looked down at the parchment and her eyes scanned over it. "What did they do to you to make you like this?" She looked at him, sadly now. "They raised me. We've been raised differently Amelia. Different lessons drilled into our minds." Amelia watched as he looked at her with some sincerity in his expression, "You grew up way to fast Harry." Harry smiled, where he had been charming before this was different. That had seemed more of an act, this felt more real. "A correct observation from you Amelia. I grew up with lessons I feel are not accepted by you. I have been taught things your auroras would not handle. I am alive though so maybe it was for the best. I was loved like a son by people who you think are heartless, but to me they are like parents. To me they are like family." He looked straight into Amelia's eyes his face was raw his eyes going red, "And to me family is the most important thing." Amelia sat there staring at the boy who had been sentenced to death for being part of a group she thought she could never be like. As Harry said those words though she realized he had the same drive as her, family. Family meant everything to Amelia, all she had was a niece but that was enough for her. Harry had just said family was everything even if they were hated by the rest of the world, he loved them. He had memories with them, they raised him and loved him. He was a child whose heart was in the right place and she could not deny it. "What are you to do with me then Amelia?" She looked down at the parchment, it was a list of names for candidates to be the new Minister. "I really don't know." Harry was left in the room for a month, Amelia had no idea what to do with him. She was so busy trying to keep everything under control, she started to forget about him. With finding a new minister of magic and making sure everything was under control at the Ministry, to making reports on Cornelius's death. It was only until she was asked by a reporter about him that she remembered she had to do something with him. She had made an excuse to leave and went down to the cell room she had left him. She found him with sitting at the desk with some parchment, ink and a quill writing. "Ah, so I am finally remembered?" He didn't even look up at Amelia. "Harry I am so, so sorry about this I have been so busy trying..." Harry raised his hand and looked up at her, "I don't need your excuses Amelia." She was studying his face. Its charms seemed to have worn off and he sat there looking some what hopeless. She then leaned over his shoulder to see what he had done on the paper.

"Dear Father,

Where are you? You promised you would come for me, yet I sit and wait in this cell alone by myself. I have been forgotten by all apart from the one aurora who feeds me scraps and guards my escape. I know you taught me to be patient and I am trying to, but I cannot stay here forever, can I? I write to you as your son to please rescue me from this hell hole. I feel of little importance now, but I tell myself you will come. I have finally lost count on time in this windowless cell, when I come out I might not be able to say the year. Who knows though I am only eleven I have so much life to live, at least I hope. I guess I will be left here forever if you don't come for me, only remembered by the death of the Minister, which is not so tragic. I hope I am remembered and you come to save me.

Your son,

Harry James Riddle."

Amelia stared at the letter and to the author of it. How could someone so young write something so meaningful. She still had no idea what she was to do with the young boy in front of her. All she knew is she could not leave him in here any longer. "Harry, if I let you leave, what would you do?" He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know Amelia." He stared at the letter than scrunched it up and threw it across the room into a pile of screwed up paper. Amelia stood there wondering what she could do with the boy. She wasn't sure if Hogwarts was the best idea, but what else could she do with him? "I am going to talk to Albus Dumbledore about him letting you into Hogwarts." Harry looked up at her suddenly. "You just have to stay here a little bit longer." Harry nodded and stood up and walked over to his bed where an aurora had just placed some bed clothes. As he took of his top Amelia gasped. His body was lined with scars, as she stared at this Harry shoved the t-shirt on quickly, "Where are they from Harry?" Harry looked away from her as she saw his legs were also covered in scars, "Punishments, tests, family, me." He said 'me' as though it hurt him, "So you love your family even though they did this." Harry nodded, "I was brought up differently." He got into the bed and waited until Amelia left before falling into a fitful sleep of nightmares.