Can't Stand This Life

"Is anyone going to answer me?!" calls Master.

"Claire here was starting trouble, Henry!" says Mistress.

"Was she now, Claire?" asks Master.

"Master, your son here decided to act high and mighty around here. I meant no disrespect," says Claire.

She didn't but she knew she sounded that way when she spoke, she didn't care anymore.

"You lying wretch!" says Mistress.

She goes to strike Claire again but Henry grabs his wife's arm.

"That's enough," says Master.

"Henry?! Are you taking her side over our sons?! This niger spoke rudely about him!" says Mistress.

"Lauren I said that is enough," says Master.

"What are you going to do to the little whore," asks Mistress.

"I'm taking her down to the basement and I will deal with her," says Master.

The two smirk leaving Claire to her master. She holds up her dress best she can knowing that it will make the situation worse if the master can see any part of skin under her clothing. She gets dragged down the stairs to where the basement is. The basement is cold made entirely of brick: downstairs there is nothing but a wood plank, a whip, and a measly pillow. Claire hates coming down here, it's practically soundproof so no one can hear her screams, even if someone could through the only window it wouldn't make a difference.

"Wait here," says Master.

"Yes, Master," says Claire.

She shudders as soon as the door slams behind her , she knows what will happen it's happened time and time again but this time ... she didn't know what will happen this time. Last time she spoke up against him, he raped her with a broom handle. She waits for him to return when he does he rips her dress off forcing her to bend over the wooden plank. He shoves the broom handle in her and rapes her with it making it go deeper and deeper. Hours later the raping stops but he doesn't allow her to go upstairs doesn't allow her to speak either. He hits her over and over again with the same broom before locking her in the basement. She counted the hits out loud just as he instructed her: 13. He said next time she would get the whole 27, he would be back later for her. The whole 27, that is how old his son is. She didn't want to think about getting the whole twenty seven. She looks at the window sizing it up, the window was too small she would get stuck and cut up from the wood beneath. She knew she had to escape tonight after she was taken home. She would leave everything behind if that meant a fresh start.

A/N: I know I said I would post one chapter a day but since I didn't post yesterday, I will post two chapters...I just need a couple hours to corporate. This is a hard write as I am sure it is a hard read. Please be patient with me, I will do everything to keep my word. I also know this is shorter than usual, I apologize for that.