Chapter 9

Juuzo, Haise, and I sat inside a large meeting room inside the CCG building.

We are currently having a meeting with one of CCG's Assistant Special Investigators, Washuu Matsuri.

He's the strategist of S2 with rational thinking and is a perfectionist.

Haise and I heard that he doesn't like the Quinx project.

"When is the auction?" Washuu asked.

"11th of November," Haise answered.

"Tell Investigator Mutsuki to sneak in the auction," Washuu said, "Alone."

Juuzo, Haise, and I were taken aback.

"A-Alone?!" Haise said in shock.

"Of course," Washuu answered, "If they have a safety check, he wouldn't be able to bring his quinque. That is the benefit of him being a Quinx."

Haise frowned.

"But, Investigator Mutsuki is still not-"

"But?" Washuu cut his sentence, "What do you mean by that 'but' Rank 1 Investigator Sasaki?"

Juuzo then raised his hand.

"Investigator Washuu," he said, "Can I attend the auction too?"

"Investigator Suzuya?" Washuu asked.

"If the plan is to destroy from the inside, I think it would be best to invite one more person," Juuzo explained.

Washuu looked towards him in a serious expression.

Juuzo only smiled.

Washuu then lowered his head.

"Alright," he said.

Haise looked shock.

"Thank you so much!" Juuzo said.

Juuzo then looked towards Haise and I before giving us a wink while sticking out his tongue playfully.

Suddenly, we heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," Washuu said.

The door then opened.

Akira, Shimoguchi, and Hirako stood there.

"This time, the S2 squad, the Suzuya squad, and also Investigator Hirako, Mado, and Shimoguchi will lead this operation," Washuu said, "I'll explain about the 'Auction Mopping-Up Operation."

The meeting finished long after.

It was already sunset, as usual.

Haise and I were walking in the halls when we saw Shimoguchi a few metres away from us.

"Investigator Shimoguchi!" Haise called out.

The both of us then ran towards him.

Shimoguchi stopped in his tracks when he heard our footsteps.

"Are you feeling any better?" Haise asked with a smile.

"Are you mocking me?" Shimoguchi asked.

Haise and I stood there in silence as Shimoguchi left.

The both of us then saw Akira making her way towards us.

"Leave him be," she said as she stood next to us, "That's the most eligible choice. People who work here have to be ready if they suddenly lose their juniors or seniors. CCG is a place where the lost gather. Be strong, Haise and Y/N. Be strong and kill the ghouls. Those who lost many are those who are powerful."