Chapter 13

Shirazu and I were currently inside the CCG Research Department.

Mutsuki was traning with Juuzo, Haise went to the academy to train the students, Saiko stayed in her room to game, and Urie wanted to train.

I agreed to go with Shirazu since I know that the Nutcracker thing has been haunting him for a while.

So, I figured that I could go with him.

It's also been a while since Shirazu and I hung out together.

Shirazu and I stood near the glass window.

We could see the research lab from up here.

"Nutcracker is almost done."

We turned to our left to see the head researcher; Koitsu Chigyo.

He's wearing a black shirt with a white lab coat.

His hair is a bit like Mutsuki's, but it's black and his bangs cover up his eyes.

He also has a thick moustache.

Koitsu smiled at Shirazu.

"Look forward to the results, okay?" he said, "That girl can become a great quinque."

Shirazu stayed quiet.

I sighed and put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

He turned around and smiled.

The two of us exited the building.

"Thanks for coming with me L/N-chan," he said with a smile, "It means a lot."

"Of course," I said, "Besides, it's been a while since I took a walk with someone."

"I thought you would prefer to train like Tooru and Urie," Shirazu said.

I chuckled awkwardly.

"I only train once in a while," I said, "Besides, forcing yourself isn't a good thing to do."

"Right? I hope Urie realizes that," Shirazu said with a chuckle, "He forces himself too much, I'm worried if he suddenly fainted and died or something."

"I can imagine..." I said.

We stayed silent for a while as cars passed us by.

"If you don't mind," I said, "Can I ask you something?"

Shirazu nodded.

"Sure, I won't mind."

"Why did you join the Quinx?" I asked.

Shirazu lowered his head a little.

"I have a little sister named Haru," Shirazu said, "She was diagnosed with an RC tumor and is now being taken care of in the CCG Hospital."

I widened my eyes a bit.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"It's okay, you didn't know," Shirazu said, "Besides, now I can finally support her medical bills."

I smiled a bit.

"I'd love to meet her one day," I said.

"Really?" Shirazu asked with a slight gasp, "Thank you, L/N-chan! That means a lot to me."

I nodded with a close-eyed smile.

"How about you, L/N-chan?" Shirazu asked, "Why did you become an investigator?"

I chuckled.

"I have a friend who lost his memories," I explained, "The CCG promised to supervise him if I became an investigator, so here I am."