Chapter 2: part 1

Ryn

" I am going out," I announce an hour after dinner. My mother was on the couch watching one of her favorite shows on TV. On hearing that she switched off the TV and headed towards me with a stern look on her face. I knew she was going to try and give me a lecture and the 'talk' and just my luck she began...

"Ryn baby we talked about this. You said you were going to change and this is you changing? " She asks raising her voice. " It's not even a month since you came from that military school. Your father and I are doing this because we love you dear" she says her eyes becoming glassy as she talked. I hated to make my mother cry. The guilt would always eat me away from the inside.

" Mother you fucking sent me to military school do you know what that means, you don't even know what that feels like do you?" I retaliate.

" We did that to protect you baby and I had to live with that every single day " she says as a single teardrop escaped.

"Protect me ? Did you just say protect me.. Tell me mother protect me from what exactly? I question raising my own voice to match hers.

" Yourself ..You were on the verge of losing yourself Ryn what were we supposed to do?" she demands.

" Maybe if you were not such crappy parents in the first place this would not have happened" I spat in response

" Don't you dare talk to me like that Ryn I'M still your mother " she said emphasizing on the word mother. I just looked at her and rolled my eyes.
" Well...do I look like I care anymore. I lost that ability to care when you fucking sent me to a military school" I reply.

" Ryn baby......
" Don't you baby me" I shouted as I connected my fist to the table  that was the only thing separating us.

"All you have ever cared for is your fucking money and fame what whatever the hell you liked and I ...I was not on the list of them. So please don't stand in front of me saying it was for your good bla bla bla. Bullshit ."

" Mind your language kiddo after all you are the child here and I am the parent,"she says tears completely forgotten.
I wondered to myself if she was even crying in the first place or just putting up one her many acts on me.

I was about to throw my Savage response when my dad came to the sitting room shouting.

" What the hell is happening down here. We can never have a single peaceful night in this house ever can we? It's you again isn't it? he asks pointing an accusing finger at me. Its what always happened. No one ever listened to me, blamed me, definitely.

" What is it this time child" he asks concerned.
"Dad I just wanted to go out , I don't see anything wrong with that? I defend.

" You mean you don't see anything wrong with going to a party on a school night which both you and I know very well that you are going to come back four in the morning? " he says sarcastically.

" I never brought you a fail in my exams dad. Never not now. It's just a party dad, it's not like I AM going to kill someone or something. Besides you will be having the house all to yourself." I try to lighten the mood.

" Just because you have never brought me a fail is no excuse to break the rules. We have rules in this house Ryn. You know rules , directions telling you what to do and what not to do." he tries to explain.

" I know what rules are dad, no need to explain " I say smiling.

"This is not funny at all." My dad says glaring at me.

"You know what this conversation does not look like it's going to end anytime soon. Fuck the rules I'm going, deal with it " I say as I bang the door on my way out.

I am quite the defiant type. I smirk at the thought. I was on a one direction tee shirt which I matched off with my black leather jacket and black skinny jeans with black ankle boots. I may be a girl but pink is not my favorite color.
I went to the garage to get my bike. My very own ride which I had been saving for , for quite some time.
I AM surprised when people are afraid of motorcycles. The  beautiful invention is so cool.

When my mother heard I was getting a bike she almost fainted.

" Are you trying to get yourself dead?" those were her exact words when she saw my ride for the first time.
Just like the  time I got my first tattoo. I was thirteen years old by then. I became a rebel since.

I can be very stubborn sometimes, listen to no one and take orders from nobody. My parents were very frustrated. I smile remembering their distress. They are quite religious so that was a low blow for them.
They refused to accept the fact that I was growing up so they kept forcing rules on me. Well we all know how that turned out.

The party thing was actually Kate's idea. Kate was my best friend even before I went to a military school four years ago. I texted her letting her know that I was on my way to the party. When she heard that I was back in Alabama she was very excited. Ever since I came back we have talked several times on the phone but haven't actually met in person. She goes to another school called Startrek or Starview am not really sure.

The party was to celebrate a football win of their team. Some guy named Archie their quarterback was throwing the party since his parents were out of town.

By the time I arrived, the party was already on full swing. I parked my bike at the furthest corner , took my helmet of and released my hair from the pony tail. I texted Kate letting her know that I had arrived and minutes later she was there standing rooted to her ground.

Then as if she had been slapped she greeted me happily.

" Hey you", she said hugging me tight like I was going to escape. 

" I missed you so much my excuse of a best friend. You are still a red head? I figured you would have already dyed your hair green or yellow by now." she said jokingly.

" Um uh..I can't breathe "I choked smiling.
" It's just that I haven't seen you in like four year is it? " she asks.
"Four years." I confirm.
" I missed you too Katie, look at you , you have really grownup  and become more beautiful." I coo.

" Come on don't flatter me. Have you seen yourself , you are a beauty to behold and ooo Fudgenuggets are all those tattoos?" she squeals when she sees my tattoos.

" Let me see let me see is that a butterfly on your neck? It's so beautiful.."she screams.

" You left with only three tattoos, this Rose over here" she says pointing to particular tat on my arm ," this dragon over here" she points to another one on my belly and the eagle over there" she emphasizes.

" Girl who are you? Do I know you " she says smiling.

" Enough of me now Katie I think we should go have fun now." I remind her smirking referring to the deafening music that was booming from inside the house.

" Good choice, as always ." She says

Vote . Comment. Let me hear what you think.

Dedicated to SugaKookies05