Part 2

Dedicated to Findlayherman

We are almost to the close of the book. It will be over in a few chapters and I'd like to thank all my wonderful readers. After this book I will be focusing on my other two books, Azure and Loving Ms Billionaire. I love you all.

Keep commenting and voting, let's keep the story alive.

~~~~6284~~~

Nate.

I have never really understood the extent people have gone for love, but the past few weeks would prove otherwise. Ryn and I complement each other in a way I never thought possible.

Its been a week since we laid her father to rest and she hasn't been the same person since. I would find her sometimes with a wet rag dabbing at her inked body. She got rid of all her piercings and dyed her hair jet black. I didn't know what was wrong with her but I knew she wasn't herself since she got discharged from the hospital.

Her case was closed after finding out that Brody Cooper, the mastermind behind the entire disaster, had kidnapped a man by the name Garry, a friend of Mr Clarence at the Company, had him hypnotized and convinced him to get rid of Ryn and her father. Brody pledged guilty at the court of law and was  sentenced twenty years in prison and Garry was the man Felicity shot at the hospital the other day.

"I can't believe dad's really gone." Ryn said as we came back from our morning jog. It was our everyday activity to help Ryn recover her strength, especially on her legs. She didn't go paralytic as the doctor had said and that was good news to all of us.

"Sometimes I think, if I hadn't been born none if this would have happened." She panted as we made our way to her room to freshen up before heading to my place to enjoy Maria's cookies as she called them.

The first time she was told about her father's death, she locked herself up in her room and never came out for an entire week. She never wanted to see anyone, not Maria, not Caleb, her mom, her sister or even me. She would spend her entire mornings and evenings just crying her heart out.

My mom advised me to give her some alone time to grieve for her father. We all did.

But when things kept getting  worse, I had to butt in and save the day. I would knock on her door for an entire day but she would just tell me to go away. I never gave up. That continued for about three days and finally she decided to talk to me. I was glad.

We all marveled at the kind of person she was becoming. Her mom and Caleb made sure yo steer clear of her so they wouldn't trigger any unwanted memories and it was helpful. She seemed to be getting along with her sister quite well and she looked happier, despite the fire she just walked out of.

"What kind of thoughts are those Ryn. Of course it wasn't your fault. I am the one who keeps blaming myself for what happened everyday. If I hadn't gone to the washroom that day, maybe he'd still be alive."  I tried to reason with her.

"Or maybe you could both be dead. Now we can't have that can we?" She looked devastatingly ravishing in her yoga pants and sports bra as she released her now jet black hair from its messy ponytail.

"I'm so glad you're still here Nate. Even after everything. Anybody else would have chana mbuga by now. Sometimes I think you are too good for me, I don't deserve you." She looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"Now what is chana mbuga?" I asked surprised and with a smile on my sweaty face.

"It means run away." She chuckled. "Dumb ass." She added more to herself but I heard.

"Hey watch out, am not a linguist like you. The only words I know that are not English is hakuna matata and I heard that from lion king. Where did you learn to speak that language?" I asked her. She seemed genuinely impressed.

"I went to this game reserve last year but one with Dad. Its called Maasai Mara Game reserve, its in Kenya, I met Jace Norman there and the warden was telling us a story of how some tourist decided to get off the the tour bus to go see a live lion who was presumably asleep. Well turns out the lion was not asleep after all so the man had to chana mbuga or be supper for him. His words not mine. He then explained to us what it meant, I haven't forgotten since." She had a look of longing.

"Don't be so sad." I touched her shoulder blade and she flinched.

"Those are some of the best memories I had with him.  When I think of all the time I spent with Dad, I can't help but think I should have made them last longer." She looked at me with regret and I hated the look on her face.

"Hey, nobody knows tomorrow, otherwise we wouldn't be here right now. Don't beat yourself up for something you have no control over. If I had known being with you required so much patience and endurance, we wouldn't have even met, trust me I am the most impatient man in the universe. But here we are today, I can't even dream of being anywhere else. Because this is where I belong, I see that every time I look into your eyes." I drew her to  me and had her sit on my lap, on her bed.

"We all wish we could change things about ourselves or our lives but we don't have the power. The best thing that we can do is to fully accept who we are and strive to make ourselves better. For ourselves and the people that we love. That's the only way to be free."

"Thank you so much Nate." She hugged me tightly then went back to peck my lips and I blushed.

"No, thank you. If I hadn't met you I'd still be plain old Nate. I love the person I am when am with you. " I had to let her know the effect she had on me. She had to have the credit, she deserved it.

"Now now, let's freshen up and get dressed. I don't want to miss Maria's cookies. And Nate you know what, I am so glad your parents aren't divorcing.

" Me too. I'm happy Dad came to his senses soon enough. " I couldn't help but smile at that. " but before you go take a bath,  where's my morning kiss." I was no longer that shy and naive around her. Everything thing with her felt so different than how I could imagine. Better even. The hugs were tighter, the kisses sweeter and the talks soothing, comforting and reassuring. I could see a future with her. And that didn't scare me one bit.

"I haven't brushed my teeth Nate. I have morning breath." She giggled as she made her way to the bathroom but I grabbed her by the waist and she landed right on top of me.

"I love this position." I just wanted to get a reaction out of her. I was even surprised by the audacity I had the past few days.

" The nerve of you!" She hit my chest with her arms." Where's the shy nerdy boy I fell in love with? "

I smacked my lips on hers and kissed her tender lips. She felt and tasted so sweet and addictive and I couldn't have my fill of her. Her hands found their way to my hair and she was tugged and I couldn't hold back the moan that escaped my lips. This felt so divine. She dragged her lips away too soon, like she was overwhelmed by the sensation of my lips. Or of just me.

"And where's the spontaneous, don't care bad girl I fell in love with?"

Comment. Vote.

Edited. Enjoy!