Chapter 20

Dedicated to knialestari

Hello everyone, thank you for your continuous support. Let's keep up the work. Keep voting and commenting.

Nate.

The third week now.

She hasn't woken up yet.

The experience I went through last week was overwhelming and I have sessions with a therapist my mom recommended. The therapy sessions have really been helpful and I don't look so shaken like before. Ryn's security was increased tenfold and Felicity with her new partner Steven Booth have been relentless in finding the person responsible for the unfolding predicament.

Mr Ryn's memorial would be on Friday of this week before the family proceeds to cremate his body.

Ryn wouldn't even get to see her father for the last time.

Her family has been supportive and Mom insisted on having me sleep at home and visit Ryn during the day.  After the incident, I never wanted to step foot in the hospital again. For the past one week I had been finding Ryn's progress through Kate who has always been there for her too.

At the beginning of the week, I realized that I wanted to be around when Ryn woke up so I pushed by my feelings and made sure to see her at least a few hours a day.

Right now, Kate and I were at the hospital room looking after her as her mom and sister went home to freshen up before coming back to see her. Donna seemed to be most affected by the turn of events and she would constantly cry when she thought no one was watching. Ray, Neilani and Glenn have also visited as they insisted on being there for me and giving me moral support.

"Do you think she will wake up anytime soon?" Kate asked me her face looking forlorn.

"I hope so Kate, I hope so." It was the only thing I could do. The only thing anyone could do.

We kept on talking about anything and everything just to pass the time until we heard a groan. Kate and I looked at each other surprised.

"Was that you?" I asked Kate but she shook her head.

We both turned around to look at Ryn and found her fingers wiggling.

"She is waking up Nate. Oh God this a fucking miracle." Kate jumped in joy.

"Go call the doctor, hurry." I instructed her.

As Kate went to look for the doctor, I watched Ryn intently. I wanted to be the first person she saw when she woke up.

A few minutes later, her eyes went wide open then shut back instantly. They fluttered again before they slowly opened and I was greeted by beautiful grey orbs that I had missed so much.

What if she had forgotten me?

I couldn't keep the questions at bay but I  struggled hard to keep it together. Her eyes roamed the entire room before they landed on me and she smiled.

I blushed. I don't know how it just happened.

She just woke up from a coma and made me blush? It was unbelievable.

"Dad? Where is he?" Her voice came out in a croaked horse. Like a frog's.

I handed her a glass of water which she took excitedly and downed it all.

"Thanks. My throat was really dry." She said softly before trying to sit. She went right back down.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You just woke up from a coma, you don't have that strength." I advised her smiling and she smiled back.