chpt 12

"He is teaching them about werewolves and vampires Remus, what part of that do you not see a problem in?!" I was shouting again, he was just sitting and calmly looking up at me. His relaxed response to my rage was irritating me and he knew it, "I have a problem with it Robyn it's just I think with my mouth closed." That made me shut up. I sat down next to him and faced him patiently as he thought things out. "Now I think that we should stay calm and not react unnaturally, that would give us away. All the staff know about me and thirty percent know about you from what happened the other day." I looked away shamefully. "I think that we just let it go," he said calmly, "I mean there is nothing that we can do so we will carry on as normal. Don't give him the satisfaction Robyn and he will get bored." I chose then to speak.

"Alright I agree we let it go. But if he so much as speaks about it to any of his other classes I will kill him." I looked up, he sighed.

"I know." Wishing to change the subject I found something else to talk about. "Will you be at the Quidditch match tomorrow or are you staying inside?"  Lupin smiled warmly but shook his head.

"No I'm not going, I had wanted to see if HHarry is as good a seeker as James was, but I’m too unwell. The cycle is over and I still feel weak, I need to regain my strength. Plus I don't think anything that exciting is going to happen," I nodded feebly.

"You really miss them don't you?" I asked as he got up to make a cup of tea for himself. He paused "You mean James, Sirius and Peter? Yes I miss them, but in truth I am just happy to know that James is better off now and that Peter was recognised for standing against Sirius..." He didn’t smile and I knew that I wouldn't get through to him if I tried to convince him of Sirius’ innocence. It was something we had agreed not to talk about and so I sat in silence while he made tea.

"Robyn, why are you with this filth?" The high, clear voice in my head made me jump on the couch. It was Voldemort, he had found me. "Because he is here for me Voldemort. He is my friend and I know you can’t understand that." I retorted impertinently. I had nothing to lose now; if he could communicate with me it meant he knew my exact position which meant I was unsafe. He replied in the same voice that made me shiver with disgust and also with thirst. "Come back to me Robyn, I need your help, I need you to be by my side when I come back to power."  Lupin hadn't noticed and he was still magically boiling the kettle.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed mentally feeling the tugging grow weaker and for a moment I thought that it had worked until I heard a dark chuckle from him. "No, I own you my dear. You wouldn't want everyone to find out about our little secret now would you?" I could feel a hand stroking my cheek and knew that there wasn't really a hand there; it was just Voldemort messing with my mind. "Robyn?" The hand was actually there now but it wasn't on my cheek it was holding my hand, it was Lupin. I had fallen off the edge of the couch and was lying sprawled out on the floor. Lupin was talking again, "You were screaming. Is everything alright?" He looked concerned so I put a fake smile on my face and sat up. There were tears running down my cheeks, I wiped them away and got to my feet with Lupin's help. "I'm fine," I answered finally. He looked at me sternly for a few seconds- he knew I was lying. Heck since when was falling onto the floor and screaming ever a good thing? I smiled and embraced Lupin. "I have to go," I whispered in his ear after a few seconds, and ran out the door.