chpt 24

I heard voices and I could feel the cold pebbles underneath me, we were still on the beach and the warm hand that still lay in mine was moving with his breathing. We were alive, but as the voices moved closer I could only feel dread as I recognised one of them.

"Headmaster I’ve found them." It was Snape. But there were others with him, humans that smelt like Aurors, and then another man, one who stepped slightly heavier than the rest. I waited and strained my ears trying to hear his voice. "My god Dumbledore, it's Black." All hope was crushed, as I identified the fat man as the Minister for Magic. "Sir there is another person there," one of the Aurors shouted, they were still quite some distance from us but I knew that I had been spotted. They moved closer and I had to squeeze Sirius's hand as I heard him stir. My claws dug into my hand and my fears were realised as I found that I was still in my proper form, there was no way that the Fudge had forgotten my face. They neared, "Minister I believe that its Tepesh, the Nosferatu that escaped around the same time as Black sir." It was Kingsley- with his deep voice. Damn! Why Dumbledore couldn't have just told everyone he knew that I was on their side I failed to understand, I moved my arm slightly towards my wand that was on the floor just by me. They saw me move; someone ran over and placed their foot on my wrist. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." The Auror above me said, my eyes popped open and I saw him visibly flinch away. "Or what, wizard scum?" He was crushing my hand; I had every right to be annoyed. He scowled at me and lowered his wand to my throat. "Calm down Jacobs, you're not here to pick a fight." It was Fudge, someone cast a spell and bound my hands, I scratched Sirius by accident and he woke with a start, sitting up. "What? What's happening?" He asked, startled slightly as a wand was thrust at his chest. "Don't move." I said in a low voice, I was dragged to my feet and saw the full scene.

Harry was being carried off by two Aurors and they were heading back up to the castle. Sirius was still sitting on the ground with Snape trying to bury his wand in Sirius's chest. I was being pushed in Fudge and Dumbledore's general direction, my wand had been picked up by the Auror holding me and he obviously had no clue that I didn't need it to kill them all. "Hello Fudge, remember me?" I was smiling and my fangs were bared so that he knew I meant business. All colour drained from his face, "What... what are you doing here?" He stuttered.

I smiled, "I just came to see Sirius, and you should know that he isn't guilty, but I expect you still don't believe me." He smiled cruelly.

"No I don't." He waved me off and we were dragged up the hill to the school and the Astronomy Tower above. Snape seemed to be getting a great deal of enjoyment by the way he was chuckling cruelly.