chpt 26

Preparing a long sharp wooden stake was what they had resorted to, the Minister and the executioner were standing over me, a few Aurors were there also- and then Sirius. He was kneeling and was currently staying strong in the presence of the others, Dumbledore was there as well. No-one looked happy. "Come on McNair, you missed the first one today, I want this one to actually go through." The portly Minister told the executioner impatiently.

"Yes Minister." He muttered while sharpening the wooden stake.

"Have a problem killing the Hippogriff Minister?" I asked sarcastically.

He looked angrily down at me, "As a matter of fact yes, it escaped while we were signing the papers." I smiled, the only people it could have been were Harry, Hermione and Ron, though how they had done it was beyond me. "Well you won't be messing this one up." I smiled though the Minister missed the coldness of my eyes behind it.

"Why are you so happy about your death?" Fudge asked me suspiciously.

I laughed, though not genuinely; it was cruel-sounding and sounded much the same as it had in Azkaban. "Because my death means I will be free of Voldemort," he frowned and shook his head and I could tell he was still denying Voldemort's survival. "You will see Fudge, and soon enough, he’ll return and I won't be there to stop him from killing you." I smiled and he looked away in disgust, he gave a signal to McNair who looked meanly at me. With stake in hand he walked closer to me and I looked over to Sirius who was crying openly now and I felt a hot tear falling down my cheek, I didn't want to die I just thought that it was the best thing to do. A red hot burning coursed through my body as the stake was pushed through my chest and blood dribbled out sickly. McNair was snarling at me, but it was Sirius who drew my attention. He was screaming and fighting against the two Aurors now holding him back. Tears were falling freely and as he was pushed to the ground I lost sight of him. I was falling into darkness so deep I couldn't see the bottom. The last thought that crossed my mind was one of love, "Sirius...I'll be..." I sighed and then, nothingness.