7: Part Two

It was around noon when Roderich woke up the next day. He had a terribly sore neck since he wasn't able to sleep for most of the night and now walked into his kitchen. He made himself a coffee and sighed deeply. There wasn't something on his mind in particular.....he just didn't feel that good. The storm had passed and the sun shone through the crimson red curtains coloring the whole room in that warm cream like tone. If he listened carefully he could hear some birds sing and all in all it was a glorious day.

Everything would've been great if....there wasn't a Spaniard sitting in the aristocrats living room. If Antonio wouldn't have come maybe he would've gotten a few hours more sleep but he couldn't just reject his fiancé could he? He had to admit that this Spanish man was indeed the last person he wanted to see at the moment.

"Are you alright?" Antonio asked trying to make eye contact with the other. He was indeed worried for the Austrians well-being since dark circles covered his eyes and his skin was paper than usually. "Hm? Oh....yeah" Roderich answered taking a sip from his coffee. What in the world could his fiancé want here now? And he certainly didn't dare to look at that man's face....not after realizing he didn't love him like that. The Austrian indeed felt guilty. So guilty that he felt it was hard to breathe.

"Roderich, don't lie to me please..... I know when someone's lying, please tell me the truth. What happened...?" Antonio asked again as he got up from the sofa and worriedly went over to his future husband. "Why won't you look at me?"

It took the aristocrat a moment before he could answer something. After all he couldn't just say "Oh I fell for the same person the forth time now and I realized that I don't wanna marry you anymore, sorry". He sighed and looked in the other's eyes. Antonio gently smiled at him now and softly caressed the Austrians cheek only to have him look away again.

"Roderich....You're doing it again...? Are you feeling unwell?" He asked once more as he put his hands on each side of the others face so he was forced to look at him. Roderich only felt worse and worse. Was he the only one who thought of this marriage as political...? What the hell should he answer to that man?

"....Antonio I just caught a small cold.... I don't want to pass it on you so don't stay too long, alright?" He mumbled now smiling back to him. It sure didn't feel bad being with the Spaniard. Unlike his childhood love he was nice and relaxing to have around.