15

Chapter 15

"Heyyyyyy! Getting married huh?! Lucky, man, lucky! You're almost as awesome as me haha!" exclaimed Gilbert while punching his Spanish friend in the arm. The albino was pretty much rooting for Antonio and the Austrian as they both seemed to be a great couple to him. He had felt a little jealous at the beginning but he quickly had forgotten that and only wished the best for both. Like him, pretty much everyone was excited and happy and the mood was uplifting and energetic.

They all sat in a church with golden details and white roses everywhere. The sun shone through the multiple colored windows and made everything look like a dream. Elisabeth really had done a great job in decorating the whole venue and even Vash was impressed when he stepped inside. The church was already pretty filled and he just decided to scoot over to a corner where he leant against the wall. He could still see pretty well from that angle but he wouldn't stand out in any way and even Prussia hadn't noticed him yet.

He really did ask himself why he did this. Probably because Roderich had asked him to be there but still. His heart was aching and throbbing and he surely wasn't in the mood for any cake afterwards, that's why he'd just leave after the ceremony. Suddenly the lights went out and the only spot that was illuminated was the altar. A priest came and took the place in front of it, staring at his papers in his hands with a serious expression. The crowd went quiet and everyone was excited to see Antonio who took his place in the front too, in order to wait for his fiancé. It didn't take long before the sounds of an organ started to resonate through the big hall, playing the famous and gentle song everyone knew. Everyone held their breaths including Vash whose heart felt like it was being crushed slowly as tears started to form in the corners of his eyes.

At the same time Roderich stepped to the altar being escorted by a certain German, before he stopped when he was next to his significant others. The priest looked at them, cracked a small smile and started with his sermon. "I now-" the priest started but was suddenly interrupted.

"Wait!" Antonio declared as he turned around to look at the gathered people. Some gasped, others just stared at him in shock and many were just confused. Vash too was confused as he stared at the Spaniard.

"I don't want to marry, Roderich Edelstein!" He continued while his eyes were darting around like they were searching for something. Roderich wanted to say something since he hadn't expected that at all and also he was mad because this was a huge loss of money! "Antonio, what the hell....." he whispered as he nervously looked around and gulped. The man next to him only smiled and stepped down from the stairs only to walk to the side of the church and walk past the benches where people's eyes followed his steps.

With a warm smile he ended up standing right in front of a certain blonde in the corner whose tears had stopped. "Let's go." The Spaniard said as he took Vash's hand and started to walk back to where Roderich was. "Instead of me..... This man will marry him in my place!"

Another wave of shock went through the crowd as they started to whisper nervously. The priest looked like he already wanted to go home and Roderich continued to stare at the happening in front of him in disbelief. "Is that true, sir?" The priest then asked pushing his glasses a little down as he looked at the blonde.

"H-Huh? Wait.....!" Vash stuttered Since he was utterly confused. All those stares were on him and he wasn't used to handling such situations. His eyes were still a little red when they met Roderich's but he nodded a little ashamed of himself. Why couldn't they have just talked about it?! This wasn't right!

The Austrian finally snapped out of his rigor as he looked at the Spaniard again. "Did you plan this?" He asked with an unpleased tone only to have Vash feel even more pathetic. Antonio's smile didn't fade as he reached for the brunette's pocket and took out the tiny box for the necklaces before he gently laid it in the others palm.

"Don't be so mad.... If we would've talked about it normally you two would've made everything complicated again! So just take this opportunity already, Roderich!" The Spaniard exclaimed as he sighed and slightly pushed the blonde closer to the Austrian.

After some seconds had passed the aristocrat quickly glared at Antonio before he opened the box and took one of the necklaces out. "Vash....is this really okay?" He asked as his gaze over him softened. Roderich couldn't help but feel his heart skip a beat since he had only been dreaming about something like that. He hated to make the Swiss cry and yes, if it would've been possible he would've liked to arrange their marriage in a different way but he was going to do it now. A blush spread across his cheeks while he gently put the necklace around the Swiss' neck and closed it.

"So you two are marrying? And sir Fernandez is not?" The priest then asked who had been observing the whole scene in a bored way. Roderich nodded still glancing at Vash to check if it really was okay to do that and to his surprise the other took his hand. "What's her- his name?" The priest then asked looking at Vash in a judging way.

"Vash Zwingli, sir...." Roderich answered as the Swiss still needed to quite figure out what was going on. After all Vash wasn't used to so much attention and of course he had never married! How should he know how to behave?

With a shrug the priest then started with the ceremony once again. "Here present Roderich Edelstein, do you take Vash Zwingli as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

"Yes I do." Roderich answered as he glanced again back to the other. Like him, Vash had a huge blush across his face that matched with Roderich's own tie. Now the same question got proposed to the Swiss.

"And now... Here present Vash Zwingli, do you take Roderich Edelstein as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" Asked the priest again and Vash nodded.

"....y-yes I do..." he answered rather quietly so only the priest and his now husband could hear him.

"Well then, I now declare you as husband and...husband. You may be together until death separates you. You may kiss the....husband now." Resonated the loud words of the man in the robe. The organ began to play as they both stared into each other's eyes. Violet hit green and soon they began loosing themselves. The first one to make a move was Roderich as he bent down a little and stroked the others cheek.

"Vash....I'm sorry.... I.... Listen, I love you." The Austrian whispered as the space in between them decreased. Only a centimeter parted their lips. Vash's heartbeat had never beaten this fast as he felt those soft lips on his own. The moment was almost magical. It was as if they completely forgot about all their conflicts in just one kiss. It took a few seconds before Roderich pulled away and the Swiss wished it would've lasted longer.

"I love you too...." Vash answered him before he stepped closer and hid his face in the others chest. As embarrassed as he was, was also Roderich but he embraced him gently and laid his head on top of the others. Those golden strands of hair were so soft and silky although they had looked a little spiky. That's what the Austrian had missed for so much time so he tightened his hug a little.

Some people started to clap and cheer,
although not all since they were all rather confused and some didn't even approve of all of this. Still, no one interfered the intimate moment they shared.

A/N:
Hello! Well I hope you liked this chapter/story and I'm sorry if something isn't right, because I just don't know how a marriage works ( 'Д')
My English isn't perfect because I'm german so don't judge me please! Also please tell me your opinions about this story in the comments since I'd find it really interesting to hear! If there's no Epilog uploaded in a few days/weeks then that's it I guess! Thank you for having read my story and have a good day!!! (๑╹ω╹๑ )

ALSO! If you like AusSwiss then you should subscribe to me because I'm writing several long onehsots about them! Maybe there's also going to be another longer story