Welcome To My World

Normal person right? Going to a rodeo right? If only it was that simple. I'm sitting in my friend Rachel's truck and trailer. She's driving me and our horses to the rodeo. I lean against the window blinking out an annoying eyelash.

"Excited?" Rachel swished her long blonde curls, fixing her sunglasses. Even though I was older than her, she was much taller than me. So I had to look slightly up to her, as I turn to her.

"Yeah, if that's what you want to call it." I sighed but with a happy note in my voice. I looked down at my own waist length, dark brown hair. I wished I had blonde hair. But with brown hair, eyes and skin, blonde wouldn't suit me. No I'm not half black, just Romanian.

"Stupid Logans not answering his phone. We may have to pay to get in after all." She grumbled digging in her purse as she drove carefully on the country roads with a trailer full of horses. I grabbed it off the counter and handed it to her. She took it and called him. No answer. That's Logan for you. I rolled my eyes as Rachel threw down the phone.
As we got to the spot, it was on the side of the country roads, in a open field in the middle of no where. We drove to the gate. I suddenly felt self-conscious and fixed my black sleeved shirt and dark diamond jeans. Rachel rolled down the window to the man standing outside the gates to the rodeo.

"20 per person if you are watching. 60per rider." He said like he was bored out of his mind. Rachel about snapped, as she blinked in shock.

"Uh, were with Logan King-"

"Look kid, you have to pay to get in." He grumbles. He fixed his cowboy hat, mid 30s. Rachel about said something when a long lanky guy with a white cowboy hat runs up to the gates and slips thru.

"Mark their with me!" He jumped on the side of our trailer, hanging off one of the handles. Mark nods and open the gates. Rachel drove on and drove into the dirt path around the back where all the other trailers parked. Logan hoped off and met Rachel as she got out. They talked, I couldn't hear until I too jumped down from the tall truck. I about stumbled in my boots and Spurs. Give me a break I'm only 5'1 1/2. Yes the half counts. Very much so.

"Nicoletta were gonna sign us in." Rachel met me at the back of the trailer as Logan opened the doors and let down the ramp. I nodded to Rachel as she gestured Logan to hurry and follow, as Logan handed me my horse and he led the other two on the opposite side of the trailer and tied them, then ran after her quickly. I tied my horse to the trailer. His black coat shone as the sun lowered in the sky. I brushed him up quickly, since he was till clean from his bath this morning. It took us 3 hours to get here. But my horse still looked nicely kept. He shook his silky shiny black mane and snorted. I wrinkled my nose at that.

"Ew Kozy, really?" I laughed as he sighed. I threw my saddle on him and hung the bridle on the horn. Then I went to do the same to Rachel two horses. Her palamino mare and chestnut gelding got along just fine as they ate their hay bags. I finished their and sat on the back of the trucks tail gate. I sipped some water from the cooler. I messed with my long brown hair and put it in a side braid. My side bangs fell to my face and I blew them to the side. Where they freaken belong.

The evening turned into a late evening. We watched the intro riders and the flags. Then the girls and boys speed events came up. Bulls and broncs last. Rachel won first on her mare in open barrel class. Since she was 17 she couldn't run in adult classes. I was 19 so I could. Shorter but older. Sad but true. In the adult class I got fourth on Kozy. He got second in Western pleasure since he does reining as well, and Rachel got second in poles, and first again in shooting. I got fourth in poles for adults. I wasn't as competitive in speed events as Rachel. I loved reining more. As we sat on the gates now finished with speed events, it was time to watch Logan. He loved riding bulls and broncs. With his long lanky legs, he had it going easy to wrap those suckers around the bulls and broncs. He said made things actually harder being taller.