05 In a Family Way

05 IN A FAMILY WAY

It was a rainy Monday morning. Also the same day we were to submit our application letters for the position we were running for.

Selection of functionaries at Empire High was never an easy process. There were just too many protocols. First, we had to fill the forms, write our application letter, and submit them together. Secondly, we would be called on interviews with the board of teachers in charge. After that, we would start campaigning. Then the entire school would be allowed to vote. The board will finally make their decision and the swearing in ceremony would follow.

I was supposed to be getting ready for school. It was already 6:19 and I was just holding the unfilled form and empty paper that was supposed to have my application written on it in my hand.

Ever since I could remember, becoming Senior Prefect/ Student body president had always been my dream but things weren't the same anymore. I was staying with my wicked aunt and besides, I've caused some trouble in that same school. I was cold and bitter.

Patricia barged into my room as though the earth was falling apart. "So you had the audacity to accuse me of framing you?"

"I -"

"That's not even why I'm here," she cut me off, "Rumours have been going around that you running for SP"

"I only told a few people that I was considering it, I haven't made up my mind yet" I said

"Well you better back off," she snapped at me "You don't stand a chance against me because you're nobody. You're just a maid Rachael, do you get that?"

"You're not going to tell me what to do" Patricia was pushing my buttons but she had no idea. And if she knew her school very well, then she'd know that no art student has ever been made SP.

"I know why you're doing this," she smirked "it's because Tunde is also running for SP and you're hoping that you could be his deputy just to get closer -"

"You're insane," I said not letting her finish. "You don't own me and you can't control me okay? If I want to run for SP, I will, with or without your approval,"

"Fine!" she shouted "suite yourself," she stormed out and shut the door close. I decided to finally fill the form and I also decided to run for SP.

I was the last (as usual) to take my bath. I had my towel wrapped around my body as I walked to my room holding just my soap dish.

I entered the room and closed the door behind. Not long after, I heard someone walk in and I turned swiftly only to be met with uncle Harry's stare.

He had lust in his eyes and that alone scared me. He came closer and I move further away. "Is... anything... the ma..tter," I stammered while moving backwards. Uncle Harry wasn't saying anything. He was just feeding on my exposed body with his eyes.

I didn't know when I'd hit the wall and Uncle Harry cornered me. He used his left hand to grab thigh while he placed a finger on his lips signaling me to keep quiet.

"Uncle Harry what are you doing?" I managed to ask while he trailed his hand up my thigh. I felt so disgusted and before his hand could go too far up my butt, I shoved him away and ran across the room.

I couldn't run outside, it would've attracted unnecessary attention from aunt Thelma and her daughters.

Uncle Harry came closer to me once again. It was as if he was possessed by a demon. I didn't know what to do. Actually, I knew what to do but I didn't know how to do it without causing a scene. A few options came to mind: run outside and start screaming, kick him in between his legs, hit him with my school shoe, bit him.