11 This isn't the End

11 THIS ISN'T THE END

The officer looked at us like we'd just escaped from asylum after we told him what we knew.

"Are you sure of what you're saying?" he asked for the fifth time and I could tell Aisha was already getting frustrated with the whole thing.

"Yes. We are very sure" Aisha said to him. I couldn't blame the officer though. There was no proof to what we were saying. We were practically asking him to arrest a bunch of people who we suspected of cultism and murder.

Everyone had already left since there wouldn't be school till the following week. I still couldn't believe it. I wondered how someone could be so cold-hearted to kill someone deliberately.

Aisha and I had decided to stay back and tell the police everything we knew but it was much more difficult than we thought. I kept wondering why Amanda's parents didn't have Henry arrested when they had the chance but I guess they were simply scared.

"Okay," the officer sighed, "you can go now. We'll look into the matter"

Aisha looked at me with frustration. We weren't little kids. Of course we knew they wouldn't do anything about it since maybe they felt it wasn't their business. We turned around and began walking towards the school exist.

"Where's your brother?" Aisha asked looking around for Sebastian.

"I asked him to go home" I replied and she took a look at her wrist watch.

"It's only past ten" said Aisha. "What do we do now?"

"I don't know" I said. "Maybe you were right. Maybe we should just stay out of it. I mean, by this time next year we would graduate and everyone would go their separate ways"

"No. I was wrong" Aisha shook her head. "They're going to keep killing people like this if we don't do something. And even after next year, the cult won't seize to exist"

She was right. We had to do something but there was nothing left for us to do. I was so tired of everything happening. I just wanted to live my life without all these complications.

We decided to go see Amanda and break the news to her but on getting there, we were met with the shock of our lives.

The door was left open and everything inside was scattered and turned over. It was as though a tornado had gotten into the house. Neither Amanda or her grandma was in sight.

"What the hell is happening?" Aisha asked for the second time after checking the rooms, "Their clothes and everything are still intact meaning that they didn't travel"

"How could you be thinking they travelled?" I asked Aisha who simply shrugged in response. "It looks like robbers had come in here"

The worse part was that there were no neighbors around to tell us what had happened. The neighborhood was really deserted.

"Let's just come back later" Aisha said before we finally decided to leave. It was really confusing and suspicious that Amanda wasn't at home because I knew she rarely left the house.

I decided to go home to see if aunt Thelma needed anything to be done. The house was quiet as usual but even Sebastian wasn't in the sitting room watching TV and I wondered what had happened.

I opened the door to his room but he wasn't there. I checked my room and he wasn't there either. Where had he gone to? I asked myself.

I changed my clothes and went down to get something to eat although I didn't have the appetite.

I heard someone knocking at the gate as I made my way out of the kitchen and I wondered who it could be.

"Rachael" Aisha's voice greeted me as soon as I opened the gate. She looked she had been chased by a mountain lion with the way she was breathing.