{3}

AUTHORS NOTE: I did cut some dialog to make this shorter but it's still nearly 3,000 words so... enjoy!

 enjoy!

//

//

I can see the age in Tony's face, the stress of just the past twenty four hours leaving a crows foot. "They're not gonna stop. If you don't either, Rhodey's gonna be the best case scenario." I murmur, leaning against the desk, hand to my hip.

"You let them go, Leia."

"We played this wrong." I argue, giving him some appealing attitude, but it rubs him the wrong way.

"We? Boy, it must be hard to shake the whole retirement thing, huh?"

"Are you incapable of letting go of your ego for one goddamn second? You pulled me into this."

"T'Challa told Ross what you did, so... they're coming for you." Tony finalizes, hands clapping to the wood.

"I'm not the one that needs to watch their back."

And I take a seat, pen to teeth.

He activates holographic images appearing from his wrist.
"What am I looking at, Friday?"
Priority upload from Berlin police.
"Fire up the chopper. You, come with me."

//

Tony and Leia take flight over a retched storm in the helicopter. He looks to surveillance images on a tablet.

The Task Force called for a psychiatrist as soon as Barnes was captured. The UN dispatched Dr. Theo Broussard from Geneva within the hour. He was met by this man.

"Did you run facial recognition yet?"

What do I look like?

"Uh, I don't know. I've been picturing a red head." I can't help a quiet giggle, silenced by the tips of my fingers.

You must be thinking of someone else.

"Must be."

The fake doctor is actually Colonel Helmut Zemo, Sokovian Intelligence. Zemo ran Echo Skorpion, a Sokovian covert kill squad.