{5}

//

//

The light has gone, just a flicker as each curtain flares in the fans blow, the place is in a still and I creak around the flooring, having donned new wears from the eve. I'm not healed, but I feel much better than the night.

Sleep was a lot of tossing and turning, constant questioning, why am I so familiar.

"You look peachy keen." And I take to my heart, spinning to meet the eyes of James. He looks in glee to have startled me. "And you look awful." It isn't in satire, he's bandaged but bruised, the yellow hue the match of each of those cells.

"You should be sleeping, it's early." He mocks, the dawns light barely pooling, the birds haven't even begun to chirp.

"I don't take orders, Soldier. You should be the one at rest, my mind is much too full to be at bay."

And he joins me to the counter, hip to hip. The invasion of space isn't invited, but it comforts, both basking. "Was your mind wiped? Do I look familiar to you?"

And it's a ridiculous query, I want to laugh aloud but with the days we've lived I can't manage even a grin. "No. I remember my lifetime." It sets his question down, and he does break to a frown. "You look a lot like her, I haven't even asked Steve if he's noticed."

I shake my head, curling my fingers to the marbles edge. "He's told me I remind him of someone, but I don't understand it. I left SHIELD before he was even chipped from the ice." I take a longing glance to his door, the darkness still draped the floorboard. "Who was she?"

Buck fiddles, I can see his soft look to his shoulder, wrapped in cotton to keep the missing appendage hidden. "Agent Peggy Carter, she was a creator of SHIELD back in our time. Her and Steve shared.. a bond."

I cast eyes to him, a tilt of my head. "Bond?"
And he's flustered, the personal invasion of Steve's past endeavors may not be his to share. "I never really saw it all, Hydra took me after my fall. But with the way he talks about her, I think they were lovers. When he was thought dead she married anew and, now she's gone." I shy away from him, whisking a glass from the cupboard and starting up the coffee pot; just trying to keep busy whilst my mind wandered.
"I do recall the name, the face, but I'm not her, I don't really know if I'm a descendent to her but that's slim. I know most of my family."
Bucky takes a limp, resting to a stool at the bar, head whisking over to the creak of Steve's door. "Goodmorning," I chip, letting a faux sense of poise wash over me, the pot shaking in my left as I pour. "Coffee?"