{6. END OF ACT 1}

//

//

"You sure about this."

Wakanda, the sights are of beauty, the place was donned in richness, it was tucked away from the eye, seen as poor.
The discussion of Bucks taking was short, but mine had yet to come.

"I can't trust my own mind." He mutters, glancing between the two of us. "So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing, ... for everybody." And I can't help the sense of downcast that flutters at me. I rise my palm to his jaw, brushing over the coarse growth. "I'll be around to welcome you back." I play at a simper, taking step back.

I can barely see the fear cross him, the tube rising to a close. And he stills, allowing himself to be frozen in rest.

"Thank you for this."

"Your friend and my father, they were both victims. If I can help one of them find peace..."

I don't disturb the moment, choosing to perch in hush in front of the cryo, attention locked to the ice before me.

"You know, If they find out he's here... they'll come for him." I perk up.

"Let them try."

//

The tread down to our landing is tight-lipped, and I'm tacit that this is my finale with SHIELD, with Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, all of them.
"What am I to do after all of this, Steve." I break the tranquility, taking stand to his back, the words don't quite catch up to him til he's crossed some distance. "I'm a war criminal."
And I see the gears turn as he does, hands tucked to the pockets of his brown slacks. "I'm going underground." It's barely coherent in the wind, flurrying our wears around. "Have my own team for awhile, take care of the city on my own terms." Although he doesn't quite answer, I spare a nod. "Buck could use a familiar face when he gets out.." And it's a ponder, head falling to look to the dirt before his righteousness surges, eyes boring to mine. "Or you can be a part of it, if retirement isn't fit for you."

And the decision is detrimental, I can take to this safe haven, watching over Barnes' care.
Or I can go back to the life I've run from, the life I was bred to be introduced. No rules, no rulers.

"That's quite a mortifying choice." I collect in admittance, arms crossed to me. And he finally lets off a chuckle, coming foot to foot with me. "It would be an honor to be a part of your team, Steve."

And with the reference of his name, rather than Captain - his smile blooms, a hold taken of my bicep, pulling me to the ship.

"I can do this all day."

-